PDA

View Full Version : I heard that............

donnagwynne
04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
.........if Ofsted had not been by the end of March and you were due an Inspection, it would not now be until after September, because of the training for the EYFS and the new inspection system.

Is there any truth in this or is it just a funny rumour???

My first six month inspection was due in November and I am still waiting.

Anyone know?

Donna

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
A lot of us had heard that too, but it seems that they are still inspecting.

Lottie
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I just had my registration visit and the ofsted inspector told me that from now on in I could have ofsted knocking at my door at anytime.

So I am guessing this is just a rumour.

I have heard from my tutor that EYFS training is delaying inspections, pre-reg visits etc but that's all.

squiggle
04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
i registered in june and i was told this too.

BUT i have my inspection next week!!!

Jen x

wendywu
04-04-2008, 01:46 PM
No by law they should have finished this rounds of inspections, so you should all have the very first inspection under Ofsted, then a proper one that can go on the internet. But i think they are running behind, WHATS NEW:panic:

mrsbumbles
04-04-2008, 01:49 PM
My sister had 'The call' this week, her inspection is in 2wks

LittleMissSparkles
04-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I have been told they are training the inspectors on the new EYFS in batches so they will still be inspecting as normal ..... x

sarah707
04-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Lots of rumours going around... nobody knows the truth expect Ofsted... we'll just have to wait and see! :D

miffy
04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Lots of rumours going around... nobody knows the truth expect Ofsted... we'll just have to wait and see! :D

I'm not sure Ofsted know either :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy xx

Twinkles
04-04-2008, 04:57 PM
'spect it depends on who at OFSTED you ask :D

mumtodaniel
04-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I had a phone call last Thursday and they are coming in a week's time. This is my first graded inspection and I have only been minding six weeks - still at least cannot expect too much and have done quite a bit with the kids. Just printing loads more policies out to impress them... or what joy hey!"

Good luck, ps they rang me on my mobile.

Maureen x

avril
04-04-2008, 07:36 PM
The inspector who came to me in February said she will be starting her training in April so maybe that is just this area I'm not sure.

Avril x:)

Tily Bud
04-04-2008, 08:53 PM
When i asked my inspector if there was any truth in all this about inspections and she said that if there were going to be none between end of march and sept they would all be having a nice quiet time :eek:

Tiisku
08-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Can't be true I will have mine tomorrow, Thursday or Monday apparently.. So panick going on today just in case she is behind my door tomorrow !:eek:

littlesprogs
08-04-2008, 11:32 AM
i had ofsted round about 3 weeks ago just after i'd moved house and i asked her and she said that ALL new childminders will still be inspected as usual but childminders that have been working a while will wait until september. So if it is your first inspection you will still be inspected

Rubybubbles
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM
i had ofsted round about 3 weeks ago just after i'd moved house and i asked her and she said that ALL new childminders will still be inspected as usual but childminders that have been working a while will wait until september. So if it is your first inspection you will still be inspected

whoa that makes sense are you sure you didn't make it up:laughing:

oftsed making sense:laughing:

littlesprogs
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
whoa that makes sense are you sure you didn't make it up:laughing:

oftsed making sense:laughing:

HAHA no i am actually telling the truth the woman who came was ever so nice and helpful which was unusual for ofsted lol

donnagwynne
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Well that serves me right for listening to rumours................Ofsted have just rang and asked me if I am minding at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had previously rang before Christmas to check the same thing.

The lady said that the inspector would still call me to set a date but it could be three to four weeks.

So no more putting it off until September!!

Donna

sarah707
09-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh heck... I wonder when they'll ring?!? :p

Tiisku
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
As there's been so much debate about it I asked my insepctor this morning, and she too confirmed that new minders are still being inspected as they need to be withing a year of registration. And of course it wouldn't look good if they didn't obey they own rules, would it !!:D

squiggle
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
my friend got a call yesterday at 3pm and the inspector said she would be their today, tomorrow or friday.

my friend was in a right panic but they didn't turn up today so she said at least she had one more day to sort things out.

Jen x