PDA

View Full Version : double buggies and busses....

Tinglesnark
26-08-2010, 10:25 AM
just wondered how those of you with doubles (side by sides) manage on the bus and trains? is it an embarrassing mission? the sort of thing were you struggle so much that you start to sweat and everyone is watching, giggling behind their hands but no one is attempting to help? or does it generally work out?

i want to start using the bus more often and id love to take the kids on the train! we all love the train! Now ds1 is over his glandular fever he walks everywhere or hops on the buggy board but you never know, i might need to dust off my nipper 360 at some point if the enquiries go my way!

x

caz3007
26-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I wouldnt attempt a double on the buses here, but dont see that the train would be a problem, wider doors and area to stand with the buggy

leeloo1
26-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Buses are easy - just get on at the back, so using the double doors - go straight into the space and then run to front and pay! :)

Tinglesnark
26-08-2010, 02:27 PM
:thumbsup:
dont think we have those double doors ones here though...

loocyloo
26-08-2010, 04:33 PM
i can do a double side by side on the train easily.

the problem with our local buses is that whilst some of them have a wide door, and drop down to the kerb so you can get on, they often use a bus that doesn't, and there is no way of knowing! and with only 2 buses an hour, it would be a nightmare! i only use buses once i only have a single stroller and preferably when every child can at least stand whilst i fold/open buggy! OR, i take a double stroller (so i can fold it on the bus) and a friend! ;)

suchagoodgirl
26-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Our buses will only permit 2 single pushchairs at any one time due to 'health and safety' so if u take on a double the quota is met. If the bus arrives and pushchairs are already on you have no choice but to wait. In my (hilly) town this is fairly common as lots of mums use the buses.

FussyElmo
26-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Also if there is space. Once I had to let four buses go because there wasn't space on the bus with the other pushcahirs already on.

Tinglesnark
26-08-2010, 05:03 PM
oh yeah hadnt even thought of that! lol well thanks peeps! ill stick to my car then haha! i can use the bus with my own 2 no problem but its just quicker to drive....ah well there goes my plans of trying to help save the planet by using the car less rofl!