PDA

View Full Version : Getting More Enquiries now...BUT

VINASOL
26-08-2010, 09:36 AM
no one is taking us yet...wonder why?

So first one, 3 yr old boy I said no to because there wasn't enough hours;
3yr old girl; parent didn't like us (changed her username/profile on another site???)
2 year old and 11 week old girls; parents really liked us, but decided to go with nursery
2 year old girl, 18 month old boy (came yesterday), haven't heard yet

have a lady coming tomorrow to see me with her little girl.

Wonder when it'll happen?:cool:

heatherw
26-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Ive had something similar, one of the parents even said she walks past my house everyday on her way to work but chose someone else! In the last few weeks 5 sets of parents have visited. All but 1 have made excuses including using a nursery, using someone closer to home and using someone with more experience. The parents who are signing contracts are only for 2 hours after school. Yesterday one of my neighbours said i can have her lo for 2 1/2 days a week starting in 2 weeks, so hopefully it is the start of many. Ive just put the other parents down as me gaining experience and confidence for when the right parents visit. I think getting the first one is really hard. Once you've got one, more will follow. No parent wants to be the first one to sign contracts with you.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you, im sure mindees will come soon.

Tinglesnark
26-08-2010, 10:02 AM
i have had so many enquiries like that too :rolleyes:
im praying that this latest enquiry does come off, supposed to be signing on tuesday so fingers crossed!

unfortunately even when you sign a contract you still cant guarantee that things will work out...

fingers crossed for you! i do hope things pick up for all of us!

x

Tinglesnark
26-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I think getting the first one is really hard. Once you've got one, more will follow. No parent wants to be the first one to sign contracts with you.

that is so true!
i told the last 2 sets of parents that this is the sort of job that really relies on word of mouth and recommendations and that until you are seen on the school run (both these children are schoolies) it is impossible to get yourself known and build a rep but once you have one child then others might be interested in using you. You have to start somewhere. the lady from Lithuania understood totally and agreed with me, the snotty one just grunted haha

heatherw
26-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I dont want to jinx myself but ive got one parent coming today and one coming tomorrow so now i can tell them that i have a lo and after schoolies. Hopefully this will help as they wont be the first. The schools go back soon so hopefully doing the school run will help drum up some more business.