PDA

View Full Version : Accredited Childminders

Tink
26-08-2010, 07:01 AM
What do you charge?

I have a 3 year old boy claiming his free 15 hour sessions with me.
He is here 8-6 and will get 3 hours free each day, I charge £3.50 per hour and a discount for full days 8-6, just wondering what everyone else does?

Carol M
26-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I charge £3 per hr and deduct the 15 hrs from the bill. If the lo uses all 15 hrs with me I get £3.85 per hr from the funding.
carol x

The Juggler
26-08-2010, 08:02 AM
i can't become accredited as we don't have a network. HOwever, the NEG funding is less than what I charge per hour so I'm not sure I would offer it anyway. However, that said to avoid losing a child that would otherwise do nursery/wraparound it might be worth it.

It's just that I'd be doing more work for a discount:panic:

Pipsqueak
26-08-2010, 08:05 AM
The NEG funding is slightly more than what I charge and considerably more than what many other minders in my area charge!

teacake2
26-08-2010, 04:18 PM
This is something that annoys me, the funding is different in all areas, I am accredited but the funding is now less than my fees here so I don't think there is much point carrying on with it:( :(
I would take the hours child is with me and then take away the funded hours and multiply that by my hourly rate and that is what the parent would pay.
Teacake2

karensmart4
26-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I have applied for funding status and am awaiting inspection, but the rate that we are given in this area is 75p an hour more than I'm charging at the moment....so well worth it :D

mushpea
26-08-2010, 06:34 PM
I currently care for 2 funded children,, you cant charge and claim the funding for the same hours so if the child does 30 hours and funding is for 15hours you can only charge the parent 15hours as the other is paid for by the goverment,,,
I charge the same for funded children as i do for any other child as the goverment funding pays for the extra work we do with them so dont see any reason to charge them more or less.
I deduct the funded hours each week then charge the parent for the rest of the time. funding here is £4.50per hour which is great as I only charge £3.25per hour, it makes me feel appreciated for the extra work i do for them.

tashaleee
26-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I thought the funding was the same wherever you lived? Can anyone tell me why it varies?

I have just become accredited - but only because I needed to access some training and it was the only way I could in my area - but I would loose between 80p and £1.30 ish per hour if I offered the places so dont see the logic in offering it to do more work and loose out financially.....

gigglinggoblin
26-08-2010, 09:36 PM
In our area it is determined by whether or not you are flexible, areas the children come from, how rural you are etc so childminders who live on the same street can be paid different amounts depending on the kids they care for. However we get a grant of £377 per term just for being available so thats well worth it!

It is my understanding you have to show the free hours on the bill so you would have to list it as 8 - 11 funded hours, 11 - 6 charged for. Whether or not you offer a discount is up to you and may depend on how much the funded hours differ from your normal rate but if your normal rate is more than the funding you cant charge any extra for those hours.

Tink
27-08-2010, 06:16 AM
I charge £3.50 an hour and the funding is £3.80 an hour, so it's ok for me, each area is different, don't know why though, thak you so much for your replies it is very much appreciated.

KarenM
27-08-2010, 06:23 AM
I'm just in the process of becoming accreditated.What extra work do you do for the funded children? Or is it just the paperwork side of things i.e.head counts etc.