PDA

View Full Version : cache eyfs

brillminder
04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
has any one heard about this level 3 early years foundation stage, in my area i have been sent the are you interested letter but not much info ?

sarah707
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Here's what I just found on Google...

http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/pdf/EYFS/EYFS_leaflet_Aug07.pdf

It's worth putting it in and trying to find more :D

brillminder
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
fab thanks

miffy
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks Sarah for the link

miffy xx

Tatia
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I've seen this advertised in Who Minds and Childcare magazines. I'm not sure it's available at our local college yet but thought it looked interesting. I'll finish my Foundation Degree before attempting anything else but do think this one sounds good.

sarah707
04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
I was thinking that Tatia... let's get OU over with first! :rolleyes:

Kelly
04-04-2008, 08:45 PM
This course is being run in our area and I enquired about enroling. When I approached the early years team for funding they said I could not have it. The reason they gave was that in order to get on the course you already have to be level 3 (which I am) and that the course on its own is only part of a level 3 qualification. They also felt that is was not worthwile as the network in our area have already been funded to give EYFS training in our area. My network coordinator said that although she felt you could get a better insight into the EYFS, most level 3 qualified people would have the knowledge to put the EYFS into practice with guidance.

Still it did look good and if I had got funding I would have probably do it!

Kelly

Pipsqueak
04-04-2008, 10:39 PM
that looks really interesting - thank you

brillminder
31-05-2008, 05:23 PM
my meeting is next week but i have heard they will expect one day a month addendance and it lasts 7 months :( I dont think my parents will like that if i choose to go ahead, a lot of underpinning knowledge which i fell will be repeats as i have completed nvq 3 & level 4 with ou.! I will up date later

angeldelight
01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it

Angel xx

miffy
01-06-2008, 07:05 AM
my meeting is next week but i have heard they will expect one day a month addendance and it lasts 7 months :( I dont think my parents will like that if i choose to go ahead, a lot of underpinning knowledge which i fell will be repeats as i have completed nvq 3 & level 4 with ou.! I will up date later

Seven months seems a long while - if you decide to do it you could teach the rest of us :D

miffy xx

Tatia
01-06-2008, 09:46 AM
It took me 9 months to do my NVQ 3 course, with one evening a week at college so to me, that doesn't sound too daunting. But then, it sounds like the courses are on a week day, Brillminder? That's stinks. It should be accessible to all, considering we are just as responsible for delivering EYFS as nursery settings (who can afford to send 1 or 2 staff once a month).

vixiepixie
01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
hi i did that course bk when i wasat college, it was a very useful and amazing course. deffiantly try and get on it

Rubybubbles
01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
my new training directory has it in as an addition unit for the NVQ ccld, going to do it, but don't think it's until March! I should be a pro by then anyway lol

Not sure why, after 303 was a nightmare, and this will be the same only on EYFS:laughing:

Tatia
02-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Ooooooh 303!:panic:

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 06:57 AM
http://www.cache.org.uk/cacheDNN/Portals/0/pdf/CEYFSP-L3_hb_Nov2007.pdf

this is the link for the handbook for the course. I attended an evening this week about it but no funding is availble as yet and it will cost over £400 to do. I shall do it if it runs (they need 14 to run the course) as I feel I need to do something to understandit all and anything has got to be better than the LA 2 hours courses which are rubbish

Lol
20-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I am going to start this course in September. In my area (Stockport), we are very lucky in that we are offered lots of free training that is mostly very good. The course is being held in an evening and will take 30 weeks to complete. From what I have heard about it, it sounds very interesting and will definitely help me in delivering the EYFS.
I would be very interested to hear of anyone else in other areas who is doing the course and their views/experiences on it.:)

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks very much for the info. I have got to start my DHC yet, though, haha

oakie dokie
20-06-2008, 06:34 PM
tily bud and i started ours last week, she picked me up and told me that you have to attend 3 full saturdays:eek: your joking i said i have enough on with nvq! when we get there, tutor tells us its 6 full saturdays:eek: :eek: one once a month but we were told someone would be intouch and ost of the evidence would come from observations, so someone comes to your house to see how you work:eek: i think im going to be invaded by assessors:eek:

oakie dokiex