PDA

View Full Version : useful training to have?

nads0804
26-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Hey every1,

I am a pre-reggie from glasgow and I was just wondering if anybody has any advice on useful training that I can apply for as I want to have as much in place as poss before my inspection!

However, Im unsure of what is needed and what is not :( Thanks to this site I found the virtual college (http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/?A=469&B=1&SubAffiliateID=VC%22%20Target=%22_blank%22) and gained my food hygeine :) its a good start, but with a lack of money im unsure how to pay for things such as First aid ?
Thanks guyss,
Nadia:)

venus89
26-08-2010, 12:34 PM
In Kent the NCMA send out lists of courses available and generally they're the ones to go for. The First Aid is subsidised here - I think we paid a percentage but certainly not full price for it, doing it through the NCMA. Hopefully somebody in Scotland will be along soon to tell you how it works there but here the first ones to get are the first aid and the ICP. Then something to teach you about EYFS and the Child Protection course

wellybelly
26-08-2010, 12:41 PM
In Derbyshire we get a training directory sent out to us every 6 months or so. Some are great courses however some are not worth giving up an evening for.

The most useful I've found are anything to do with additional needs, helping children deal with loss, safeguarding children, welfare requirements in the EYFS, diverse cultures, creative sapces, makaton and working the gypsey and traveller children.

I imagine different local authorities are all different. But I am so grateful to whats on offer here.

Tribe_mummy
26-08-2010, 01:51 PM
In warwickshire, you're first aid and dhc are paid for with an initial reduced payment of £50. BARGAIN!! Once we are registered then we just call our Childminding Support Officer and they let us know what other courses are available.

I am looking at doing a safeguarding one on line though as it's a course I don't want to have to wait to do.

Try calling your Childminding Support Officer and see what they do for your area

HTH x

nads0804
26-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the help guys, i'll maybe ask for sumthing to be sent out to me. this registration process really is a killer!!! I spend full days on the phone trying to sort out something or another lol its really good to have some support here n know that im not alone