PDA

View Full Version : questionn help please

hollyoaksmad
25-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Are you aloud to have friends round, obviousily i know you cant leave them in the same room as the children but i just wandered?

cas2805
25-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Of course you can. As you mentioned, you aren't allowed to leave them with your friends. I occasionally have friends here or we go to their house, making sure I complete a risk assessment of course!

sarah707
25-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I often have friends to visit... and I visit their houses.

Like cas says, you just need a risk assessment. Some inspectors like to see a visitors book but this is not a statutory requirement :D

Helen Dempster
25-08-2010, 07:40 PM
My friends and their kiddies are always round my house, and we often visit theirs too. As long as you've risk assessed, it's fine. It's good for the mindees to interact with other adults as well as other children, I think. Just don't leave mindees there, while you go and do your shopping! LOL :laughing:

fluffysocks
25-08-2010, 07:50 PM
oh god i wouldnt survive without my friends coming over!! I tend not to go to their houses as would have to take soo much stuff with me plus i have the most central and larger house so helps.
I have a friend who is here almost daily with her lo so we completed the CM2 form and now waiting for CRB forms.

x

hollyoaksmad
25-08-2010, 08:05 PM
hey thanx guys did you have to pay for the extra CRB and when parents turn up I sometimes aav my mate here i get worried :(x

mama2three
26-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi hon , Of course occasional visits from your friend are ok .
Most of us have friends with children come round , or visit them .,..it makes lovely social learning for the children and a little support for us!
But i would think hard about how you having a friend around could look to parents ....they may well think you are chatting rather than interacting with thier little one. Think of it like any other job really - and what would be acceptable.
As a parent I would be fine with this occasionally , but concerned if it was a regular occurence. ( Im presuming this is a friend rather than friend plus kids here , sorry if Ive misunderstood.)

hollyoaksmad
26-08-2010, 10:08 AM
how do you lot do it if you have a friend round wait untill the parents have arrived as most of my friends dont drive i av to pick them up :( they like to help me with the kids as they love them most of them have worked in childcare settings and want to become my assistant but cant afford that yet :(x