PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Ted Sport -v- Britax Dual B

hello kitty
25-08-2010, 02:43 PM
As the title suggests what are your thoughts on the 2 pushchairs?

I really cannot decide between the two. One thought is, as the Phil and Teds Sport is now discontinued will I be able to buy spares in the future? Whereas the Britax is relatively new on the market.

I need it to fit into my Grand Voyager which I think both will. I think having the seat facing me on the Britax is a nice idea which the P&T does not do. The second seat on the Britax is also a little bit higher off the ground. But there are loads of positive reviews for the P & T.

Umm, can you think of any anything to sway me either way?

Help!!

MissTinkerbell
25-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I had a fantastic P&T SPort that lasted me 3 years and was amazing. When i decided to buy another pushchair I was going with the Sport until I went to Kiddicare and road tested the Britax B-Dual. I now have the Britax and absolutely love it.

Positive points as far as I am concerned;

* both seats sit higher up than the P&T so children are higher up
* it is simple to fold and folds flatter than the P&T even with the 2nd seat attached
*the 2nd seat has a hood which means child in the back is not exposed to the elements like they are in the P&T
*the raincover fits both seats so much better than the P&T - when you actually attach it correctly:laughing:
*the tyres are filled rubber so no punctures which was a pain with the P&T
*front seat can face forwards even with 2nd seat on provided foot support is right up
* both seats are suitable from birth and lie reasonably flat
*shopping basket is spacious and can be accessed from both sides and also the front - very handy when you have 2nd seat attached
*its easier to push and is not too heavy to mount curbs and get through doorways
*both hoods have an incorporated sunshade that can zipped open so no need for a sun shade

Negative points:

*is fairly expensive at £500 but worth it I think
*straps are hard to adjust and can be quite tricky to do up with thick winter coats on
*when using as a single pushchair you have to be careful when going over the doorstep that things don't fall out of the shopping basket but I solved this problem by using the cosytoes thing as a liner for the shopping basket.
*the 'cosytoes' which comes with it is really only useful for the smallest of babies and you would need a longer cosytoes for older children - but then I've found this with just about every pushchair I've ever had so already had fleecy cosytoes.

Anyway thats my opinion. I love my Britax B-Dual because its practical and stylish. To me the P&T looks cheap now that I have my Britax. I love it and only wish that it had been around when my twins were babies since I would have had one of these with them.

I cannot rate it enough and think it is far superior to the P&T Sport. Its as if Britax looked at psuhchairs like this that were already on the market and analysed what was wrong with them and then designed the B-Dual.

Of course thats only my opinion but I do love mine and my mindees, when they sit in the front seem to love the fact that they are higher up and feel part of things when we are standing in the playground.

Hope that helps.

AliceK
25-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I do love my P&T but it depends on the age of the children. Up until now I've had 2 toddlers using it and it's been great but I will soon be having 2 babies both of whom will need to lay flat (ish) and sleep on occasions and with the P&T this is no good with the 2nd seat plus you can't fit a buggy board. So I have just bought a Nipper 360 double.
Can't comment on the Britax but it sounds good. Wish I could test drive it.

xxxxx

Monkey26
25-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a B-Dual and love it :D i spent a long long time deciding which pushchair to buy when changing from my side by side double and the thing that sold it for me is the fact that you can lie both seats flat (the second seat can either be reclined in the normal way or unclipped to lay it completly flat - you will understand when you see one!). I have also attached my buggy board to the second seat which means i have 3 children on it, this probably isnt recommended but it works for me as i dont use the buggy board everyday, just when an older toddler is getting tired towards the end of a long day trip! I think it is slightly larger than the P&T but for me this can only be a positive thing when transporting growing toddlers! As a previous poster has said the straps are a bit of a fiddle to adjust especially with winter coats on but i am sure if needs be you could source some longer straps from somewhere. I would definately say it is worth the extra money! My mindees love the B-Dual (rushing to climb in the 'bottom seat' first!) and so do i :clapping: xx

hello kitty
25-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Fantastic reviews, thanks ladies.

I am erring towards the Britax one I think. ;)

MissTinkerbell
25-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I am erring towards the Britax one I think. ;)

Don't think you'll regret it. Like PP I did loads of research and looked and tested all at Kiddicare and this was definitely my winner.

I have the aurora green one and its lovely. Just washed the covers as they were a bit grubby and had no mindees over the summer and it looks brand new again.

hello kitty
25-08-2010, 06:47 PM
That's the next dilemma, what colour to buy?

Monkey26
25-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I wanted red but ended up buying from a private small shop (more willing to do a deal on price ;) ) so got black but actually it looks really smart and is neutral so i am happy. Miss Tinkerbell - are the covers easy to get off and wash? Mine could use a good wash and i might do it this bank holiday if its pretty straight forward! LOL xx

Mouse
25-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I really fancy the Britax one.

I just need to sell a few of my others first!

MissTinkerbell
26-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Miss Tinkerbell - are the covers easy to get off and wash? Mine could use a good wash and i might do it this bank holiday if its pretty straight forward! LOL xx

Hubby did it for me and then put it all back together ....I'm hopeless with things like that and he's an engineer so get him to do stuff like that:laughing: I took the thig off the bar on the front and that was about it!!

The denim one is really nice too - it was a toss up between that one and the green but decided on the green because I thought it would fade less than a darker colour. Had a charcoal P&T and that faded terribly so wanted to avoid the same mistake again. Didn't particulary like the red but for some reason have a thing about red pushchairs since EVERYONE where I live has a red pushchair:laughing:

hello kitty
26-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Thought I would let you know I have today purchased a Britax B Dual in ..... RED!! (I love red pushchairs!!)

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can have a play with it.

Thanks for all your input ladies, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Monkey26
26-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Yay! Nice one hellokitty! xx

hello kitty
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Britax pushchair arrived this afternoon and have been playing about with it. Unfortunately no littlies today so had to make do with dolls to practice with!!

Now, tomorrow I have a baby so it had better be a nice sunny day so we can go for a walk! ;)

Monkey26
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
:thumbsup:

littletreasures
12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Is the second seat easy to take on and off.

I have 2 babies Mon, Thurs, Fri and only one Tues and Wednesday so need to be able to take the bottom seat on and off.

At the moment I have a single and a double Nipper, but getting fed up of swapping them over each day.

ladybug
13-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Its soo easy on the B dual, just clicks on and off!! I love mine!

littletreasures
13-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Is the pushchair bulky and heavy to put in and take out of the car?

hello kitty
13-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I have to put mine in the car 3 or 4 times a day and it is really easy and not too heavy. Fortunately I have a big boot and the seats and frame sit next to each other. The second seat clips in really easily.

A fantastic buy highly recommend it. :thumbsup: