PDA

View Full Version : Start date

teacake2
25-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi, I have a new little one starting in Mid September, not sure what date I should put on contract as starting date, should it be the actual date he starts or the date he starts his settling in sessions.
Mind has gone a complete blank, but I know you will all help me out with this:blush: :blush: :blush:
Thanks
Teacake2

MissTinkerbell
25-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Are you using NCMA contracts?

There's a section which asks for settling in period - this is from the day he starts until end of the 4 week period or however long you are having for settling in.

The actual start date of contract is the first day he attends after the settling in period is over.

So for example my new one starts on 31st August - the settling in period is from 31st August until 27 September. Date of commencement of full contract is 28th September.

Millenium
25-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I use my own contracts and the legal advice that I have received is that the contract start date is not the same at the start of "service" (unless, you end up signing contracts on the mindees first day).

My contracts are dated on the day they are signed at the time of initial agreement (which might be some months before), and the mindees start date is shown separately. Surely, if you date the commencement of the contract to be the start date of the mindee then none of the contractual clauses apply until the commencement of the contract???