PDA

View Full Version : yay....

angiemog
25-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Mrs Ofsted just called and granted my variation request for 4 under 5s 3 days a week. Am happy it's all sorted. x

jaja
25-08-2010, 10:34 AM
thats fantastic , have fun xxx

The Juggler
25-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Mrs Ofsted just called and granted my variation request for 4 under 5s 3 days a week. Am happy it's all sorted. x

can I ask if it was increased hours for a current mindee or to complete accommodate a new one?

Reason I ask is I have 2 vacancies on Fridays only:panic: and am struggling to fill them. Other than taking on loads of after schoolers I'm stuck.

I was thinking if a parent came along asking for 2 other days plus the Friday I would be able to apply for a variation maybe but maybe not as it's a new child. OR whether they might actually let me have a blanket variation to take on a new child on same days as I already have 3.

Is it about area childcare sufficiency as well as continuity for current children??? Sorry, lots of questions.:blush:

angiemog
25-08-2010, 03:21 PM
It was for 3 different children. One for a new mindee I have only had 3 weeks (parent changed jobs) one for a baby sibling and a change of day for another mindee which worked out really well cos my new mindee needed 5 days instead of the 3. So I have 3 on a Monday and Friday and 4 on Tues, Wed and Thurs. However 3 of my parents are shift workers and pay for the week but don't always use the hours plus my husband is registered as my assistnat so on days he is home I can have up to 6 under 5s. I thin k eacg case is looked at individually. Good Luck x

sandy64
25-08-2010, 03:28 PM
hi how long did it take for your variation im still waiting 4weeks later. thats good news youve got it :)

angiemog
25-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I put one in on the 3rd and one on the 9th August. I need them for next week. I hadn't heard anything so I called them today they called back within an hour and granted it. Hope you get yours too. x