PDA

View Full Version : Twins double trouble!!!

avril
04-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi
what a time I had yesterday twin boys 6yrs old they only come once a wk for 2hrs school pick up. The cheek out of them and I mean bare faced cheek :angry: One twin is worse than the other and other follows him I gave them both time out yesterday to think then asked did they think they should be saying something (in a nice way!) the sarcastic sorry came back still not learnt they should not talk to me this way, I asked them to play in garden ( the weather was warm and dry!!) I had a word with their Dad at home time ( not in front of the children) and he said oh yes this often happens we give them time out. (these are the same children who threw stones at my windows once a time and the dad said nothing :angry: :censored: )

They are only interested in sport BUT if a ball goes over next door we don't get it back and I have to wait at home for my son to come home from swiming otherwise I would go to the park.

HELP any ideas to keep them occupied one had little concentration and the other had good concentration. :( :(

I would have come on and ranted last night but hubby put my feet up for me and supplied me with a couple of vodka and cokes to wind down!!:laughing:

Avril x:)

sarah707
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
My first thought was that a group after-school club atmosphere might be better for them...! Sorry probably not helpful but lively 6 year olds who are intent on being cheeky and wrecking your house are just going to end up giving you a headache...

Thank goodness it's only a few hours a week... but then for that length of time anything you say one week will be forgotten by next. I don't think you're going to win... and for the little money I would be seriously asking myself if it was worth it... :(

avril
04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I thought is it worth it for the amount of money BUT I will give it a wk or two and see if they change if they don't then they will be OUT!!!:laughing:

Avrilx

angeldelight
04-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Poor you

I have twins who are 6 a boy and a girl

They have been coming to me for a few years now but can be really naughty sometimes too

I love them though and one word from me and they are most of the time good as good haha

Hope they start to be less cheeky for you and settle down

Angel xx

avril
04-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I'll let you know!

crazybones
04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Hope you are calmer now Avril. How about on nice days instead of ball games, setting up an obstacle course in the garden and get them to time each other, relay races and stuff. Sounds like they need to let off energy. Are they allowed on your pc - I had a couple of older bored ones this week and they have done a load of planning for me on dinosaurs to do later in the year.

miffy
04-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Good ideas there from Annie

Could you get them to help you with any younger children you have like reading to them or playing games with them or could they make their own tea - my lot love making their own sandwiches etc

Hopefully they will settle down soon

miffy xx

avril
04-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure they know what they are doing on a computer as they don't even have playstations or anything like that, I think they are just physically active kids spending most of their time doing sport cricket, football, rugby. I'm going to start planning more activites and too many so they won't have enough time to complete them all so they will be occupied all the time.

Thankyou annie an obstacle course may be a very good idea I have a lot of outdoor toys so can put something together.

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
i think your very brave having twins:clapping: :clapping:

avril
04-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Good ideas there from Annie

Could you get them to help you with any younger children you have like reading to them or playing games with them or could they make their own tea - my lot love making their own sandwiches etc

Hopefully they will settle down soon

miffy xx

one of them is very good with my 2yr old until his brother eggs him on to do things then they are off up to mischief!!:panic:
They don't stay for tea just have a snack which they want NOW as soon as they walk in the door I'm sure they have hollow legs the amount they want to eat but it is only a snack not a meal BUT they go from me straight to football so I do try to give them something more substantial.
I may disappear from the forum for a while to research and plan all my activites!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

avril
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
i think your very brave having twins:clapping: :clapping:

Or daft!!:laughing: :laughing:

avril x

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:51 PM
good luck:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

try some sports websites

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:51 PM
very brave:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

crazybones
04-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Egg and spoon races - Ive got the ones from ElC but you could get them to boil their own eggs and time them. Waste a few mins. Chucking bean bags into different containers (done that one this week). Mind has gone blank now on second glass and thinking of Rascals icecream. :o

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:56 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

avril
04-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Annie, I've got til Thurs to come up with activites.

Trouble
04-04-2008, 07:58 PM
what about the park:clapping: no planning and its free

miss muffit
04-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi I hope they settle for you, I look after twin boys aged 20 months, even though they are good fun they do knacker me! As for the older kiddies we go to the park weather permitting most evenings afterschool thankfully its close by
K :)