PDA

View Full Version : Is there a list of everything else that we should be registered for?

donnagwynne
24-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Is their a list of everything/everyone else that we should be registered with as well as Ofsted?

I have discovered over the past few days that I have to be registered with

a) environmental health for waste collection
and
b) the ICO for data protection.

Both of these things are part of quite old legislation but they are only just being applied to childminding businesses.

So, my obvious question is WHAT ELSE IS THERE THAT WE ARE MISSING??

I am a bit worried that I could be breaking very many laws that I am ignorant of (ignorance being no defence in law). Does anyone have a definitive list? And if these are all so important, why is it not made clearer to us.

Surely the NCMA must know about these things?

Donna

coffee-time
24-08-2010, 02:14 PM
i didnt know about the enviromental health one whats that about?

marnieb
24-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Would the Environmental one be for nappies?? here in Surrey we have separate Nappy Bins that are collected weekly, so hopefully that wouldn't be a probelm for me, and as for the Data Protection Mrs O told me my separate harddrive was fine.

tracey36
24-08-2010, 02:28 PM
we have to be registered with the enviromental health as we serve food, usually they dont come out to inspect you (think i was the exception lol) all the did was check the surfaces and the fridge

PixiePetal
24-08-2010, 02:47 PM
The latest we have been told in my area is we have to be registered with ICO even if we only use a digital camera and don't go near a pc :rolleyes:

Everyone is questioning it - I print pics on my personal printer - not on through PC and had to register:angry:

linda2girls
24-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I am going to register with Environmental Health as I will be serving food but what's the waste collection?

Linda.

sarah707
24-08-2010, 08:03 PM
as for the Data Protection Mrs O told me my separate harddrive was fine.

Mrs O was wrong! You have to register with ICO if you use a digital camera or a PC.

Sorry :rolleyes: :D

sarah707
24-08-2010, 08:05 PM
i didnt know about the enviromental health one whats that about?

Some childminders in different areas of the country are in ongoing discussions with environmental health about whether they need to register as business users for having their waste removed.

If you are a business user you pay for each time they empty your bin.

It's not a country wide thing at the moment, just a few areas I believe.

Hth :D

karensmart4
24-08-2010, 08:22 PM
A few years ago all the cm in our area received letters from the local council saying that we had to register with Environmental Health as we were a food distribrution business :rolleyes:

We all ignored the letters, as you would :eek:

We received the same letters 12mths later and a few of us phoned the council, we were told that as we serve food we had to register, I said that parents provide lunch boxes, but i do supply snacks and do cookery with the children...... I registered :cool:

The inspector came out to do a visit a couple of mths ago, he checked my policies, asked what I clean surfaces with, checked where I change nappies. Asked if I take daily temp readings and keep a log of fridge cleaning scheduals (sp).
He asked if I have an up to date 'Safer food better business for cm book.

I asked him if I needed to do anything about refuse collection, he said, 'no' as long as nappies are double wrapped they are fine. phew :D

Anyway....I got top grade.. 5 stars :thumbsup: :D

He got.... glitter all over his face...:eek: :o

Tribe_mummy
24-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyway....I got top grade.. 5 stars :thumbsup: :D

He got.... glitter all over his face...:eek: :o

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: