PDA

View Full Version : Desparately in Need of Inspection Advise

phoebe-alice
24-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi there I am really in need of some advice, I was registered in Feb of this year and now my inspection has rolled round. I have already submitted my Self Assesment, not it is just the visit to come and I have no clue what to expect or what to have ready for my officer?

I have got the basics sorted out I guess but want to be totally prepaired I don't know when the visit will be but I am guessing it will be soon, help! :panic:

If anyone could give me any advise that would be great, thanks and hope to hear from you soon Phoebe x x

sandy64
24-08-2010, 04:21 PM
hi stop panicking take a deep breathe and relax basically if your minding eyfs obs l.j and some knowledge of the eyfs also she will look at policys, r.a contracts if minding, check your home safety things, she may go through routine, menu etc they are all different but main thing is be your self.cant think at mo lol im sure you will be fine:)

lorimac
24-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Are you in Scotland? If you are-- don't panic, cos when it's over you'l wonder what you got so stressed about.
CC officer will prob check your downstair loo for hand soap and paper hand tissues and check you have a bin with a foot pedal opening.
She will look over some of your policies and risk assessments. She will check that you have your certificate displayed and also your insurance, she will look at your daily diaries and ask the children their veiws if they able to communicate.
Its best to have your paperwork to hand and make sure that you have filled out all parts of the contracts with parents, she will prob check your information on a minded child, Ie emergency contact numbers etc.
Different CCs check different things, best to just make sure all your paperwork up to date and that you have evidence to support what you have said in your self assessment

phoebe-alice
24-08-2010, 09:12 PM
So glad to get some advise, pulling my hair out here thinking of things I still have to do! :eek:

Still really nervus I bet I will miss something out, does anyone know all the things you must keep record of just to make sure I have everything?
Also do care commission officers give notice before they come?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon Phoebe x x

lorimac
25-08-2010, 09:19 AM
The care commission will give you up to 4 weeks notice of your inspection date, they can phone for a short notice inspection but they do normally phone you so that they know you will be in. The quickest i,ve ever had was a 2 hour notice but i did know they were coming cos they'd let me know that it was due a few weeks beforehand so i was quite organised.
You need keep records on contracts, daily diaries, information on a minded child, attendance register, accident/incident reports, medication given, smoke alarm checks, risk assessments , some officers in this area are checking car insurance certificates too.
The main focus this year is parent/child participation so be sure to have evidence of how parents and children have helped develop and participate in your service, questionairres are good for this

Curly Quavers
29-08-2010, 10:45 AM
You will be fine I have 1.5 hours notice and to be honest I was pleased I had less time to get worried and wound up.

phoebe-alice
02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Gosh I hope I have more time than that knowing me everything will go to pot and it will go terrible if I don't have any notice :panic: hehe.
Does anybody know how long is it they usually take after you send in your self assessment in to get back to you?
Thanks for all your replies Phoebe x x