PDA

View Full Version : Fee Policy - wording

love381
23-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I've read and re-read this about twenty times and I just think it's reads a bit crappy and then more crappy each time I read it, but can't make it better - probably the time of the night since I've been doing this for HOURS now!!! Once I get started, I can't stop!!

Opening Hours, Fees and Charges

My normal opening hours for my childminding business are 06:00 until 20:00. I can be flexible with my opening hours by prior arrangements. I am not open for overnight care at present, but this may be available to arrange if it bedame necessary.

My fees are to be paid either weekly or monthly, in advance. All childcare fees are individual to the circumstances you require and are based on the amount of care your child needs. It will be neceessary to work out what your childcare fees will be prior to the care, however, if your actual invoice is less/more than you have already paid, a new adjusted amount will be paid at the following payment date. Payment can be made in cash, by standing order or with childcare vouchers.

My fees begin at £3.50 and this includes all snacks and drinks. Meals are charged at £1.00 and I offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper (depending on the hours of care). I do offer discounts for longer days and for siblings. All fees will be discussed and agreed during the completing and signing of the contracts. Retainers will be charged if you child does not attend without 24 hours notice. Retainers will not be charged for holidays. I will give as much notice as possible if I must close my business - typically 4 weeks for a holiday and 24 hours (where possible) for sickness.

I also offer the possibility of block payments. This is where you would pay a set amount of money each month regardless of the hours of care you use. This amount would be agreed upon and paid in advance each month and would be reviewed every 3 months. This form of payment could be beneficial to you if you work shifts or work differing hours each month. Often this form of payment is beneficial to the parent/carer for some months of the year and then beneficial to the childminder for some of the other months of the year, thus balancing out.

There will be a late payment charge of £3.00 per day if you do not pay your fees on time. This will occur for a maximum of 14 consequtive days and then care for your child will cease until payment is made in full.

Can anybody help with any of the wording? Am I just tired and it's actually ok!? Thanks in advance!! x

christine e
24-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I've read and re-read this about twenty times and I just think it's reads a bit crappy and then more crappy each time I read it, but can't make it better - probably the time of the night since I've been doing this for HOURS now!!! Once I get started, I can't stop!!

Opening Hours, Fees and Charges

My normal opening hours for my childminding business are 06:00 until 20:00. I can be flexible with my opening hours by prior arrangements. I am not open for overnight care at present, but this may be available to arrange if it bedame necessary.

My fees are to be paid either weekly or monthly, in advance. All childcare fees are individual to the circumstances you require and are based on the amount of care your child needs. It will be neceessary to work out what your childcare fees will be prior to the care, however, if your actual invoice is less/more than you have already paid, a new adjusted amount will be paid at the following payment date. Payment can be made in cash, by standing order or with childcare vouchers.

My fees begin at £3.50 and this includes all snacks and drinks. Meals are charged at £1.00 and I offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper (depending on the hours of care). I do offer discounts for longer days and for siblings. All fees will be discussed and agreed during the completing and signing of the contracts. Retainers will be charged if you child does not attend without 24 hours notice. Retainers will not be charged for holidays. I will give as much notice as possible if I must close my business - typically 4 weeks for a holiday and 24 hours (where possible) for sickness.

I also offer the possibility of block payments. This is where you would pay a set amount of money each month regardless of the hours of care you use. This amount would be agreed upon and paid in advance each month and would be reviewed every 3 months. This form of payment could be beneficial to you if you work shifts or work differing hours each month. Often this form of payment is beneficial to the parent/carer for some months of the year and then beneficial to the childminder for some of the other months of the year, thus balancing out.

There will be a late payment charge of £3.00 per day if you do not pay your fees on time. This will occur for a maximum of 14 consequtive days and then care for your child will cease until payment is made in full.

Can anybody help with any of the wording? Am I just tired and it's actually ok!? Thanks in advance!! x

Think I would quote 'my fees begin at £3.50 per hour' and re the bit about meals think I would quote £1 per meal. Think I would re think the bit about retainers, as it stands if a child was off sick and they gave you 24 hours notice then you would only charge a retainer, some childminders only use the reduced fee for annual holiday but many charge full fee for parents holiday, Also you state retainers will not be charged for holidays, if you mean for your holidays then you need to make this clear.

Cx

love381
24-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think you're right about the per hour and per meal bit, cool. I don't charge retainers at all, unless I am due to have a child and have not been told!! For example, I might end up waiting in for them and they don't show or I get a call five minutes before hand. I don't charge retainers for any holidays at all. My holidays mean that parents have to pay somebody else to care for their child and their holidays means I may be able to care for somebody else. Wording things is always difficult. Thanks for your help! x

Millenium
24-08-2010, 07:16 AM
I will not comment on the actual figures because only you know what the "going rates" are in your locality but I must say that it is an incredibly flexible offering - you could not have done any more to give your parents a clear understanding of how your fees work!

The Juggler
24-08-2010, 07:18 AM
good advice above. to make it less wordy you could also do it more like a form ie.

opening hours: 0600-2000 starts at £x /hour
unsocial hours: 0600-0800 and 1800-2000 @ £x/hour
parent holiday: full pay
retainers: to be negotiated as needed

:)

love381
24-08-2010, 07:19 AM
I will not comment on the actual figures because only you know what the "going rates" are in your locality but I must say that it is an incredibly flexible offering - you could not have done any more to give your parents a clear understanding of how your fees work!

Thank you. I do sit with them and we discuss it as we read as I think it's an important sheet for parents to understand. x

love381
24-08-2010, 07:22 AM
good advice above. to make it less wordy you could also do it more like a form ie.

opening hours: 0600-2000 starts at £x /hour
unsocial hours: 0600-0800 and 1800-2000 @ £x/hour Never done unsocial hours, I'm up early with my younger children who think breakfast time must be at 6 and are up at half 5 some days and my oldest doesn't go to bed until half 8, so I'm up doing "stuff" with children anyway.
parent holiday: full pay Don't normally charge for holidays unless it's more than half the month (i.e. go away for two out of four weeks as that would half my money for a full timer.
retainers: to be negotiated as needed

:)

I might do something like that as a reminder at the end. Thanks x

The Juggler
24-08-2010, 07:24 AM
I might do something like that as a reminder at the end. Thanks x

I know you are up with your own children hon, but it's early to be working - I'd def. think about charging more for those hours.:)

love381
24-08-2010, 07:26 AM
I know you are up with your own children hon, but it's early to be working - I'd def. think about charging more for those hours.:)

Based on your hourly rate, what do you guys charge for "unsocial" hours - time and a half!? Never charge more, even at weekends! Am I a mug?! x

The Juggler
24-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Based on your hourly rate, what do you guys charge for "unsocial" hours - time and a half!? Never charge more, even at weekends! Am I a mug?! x

not a mug hon but I charge a £1 hour more for before 0800 and after 1800.

Millenium
24-08-2010, 08:15 AM
My core hours are 08.00 to 17.30 and outside of those hours, I charge double-time.