PDA

View Full Version : First Mindees visiting with Mum on thursday!

Louise Green
23-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I have had a double-whammy of a day!

CSSIW called around lunchtime to confirm that they have checked through policies,etc and everything is in order- inspection is a week thursday.

Then, about an hour later, I had a call from a Mum who had got my flyer at a local soft-play centre and asked if I still have vacancy for a 3-year-old and a 16-month-old to start mid-september? I had anticipated a september start-date and advertised on my flyer (which I had ran passed Development Worker first before distributing) 'from September 2010', had told CSSIW that I had people waiting beforehand (which was true but they have since opted for after-school club) so they're 'pulling out the stops' to register me ASAP anyway- I've explained this to Mum, which she is fine with as she won't be going back to work until 2nd/3rd week of September while her 3 yr old settles into nursery.

I have arranged a meeting at my home for this thursday at 10am so the kids can meet each other too. I have a 16-mth-old too so that'll be interesting! And I'm sure my 7-yr-old daughter will dote on 3-yr-old girl too!

We had a great chat on phone and I feel quietly confident but would just like some pointers on first meeting?

I am going to put together a folder with my policies/personal statements for standards/fees and hol fees but as yet I don't have contracts as was going to use the contracts provided by NCMA which I'll get when I'm registered- do you think that'll be acceptable for Mum? I suppose it is just an initial meeting and if they decide to go ahead with me then the formalities will come in due course but I am just concerned about how to give a professional appearance?

Yikes! :eek: