PDA

View Full Version : r.a poisonous plants/shrubs

coffee-time
23-08-2010, 08:53 PM
finally getting around to doing my r.a's, im trying to do one on poisonous plants not sure how to word it though, i wont be digging anything up so want to say how i will stop children eating my plants! lol! is it enough just to say 'children will be supervised at all times in the garden' or can i put something else, its the front garden that has plants so will only be when coming in and going out of the house. i dont know if they actually are poisonous and dont know the names of the plants to look them up!

christine e
24-08-2010, 06:12 AM
finally getting around to doing my r.a's, im trying to do one on poisonous plants not sure how to word it though, i wont be digging anything up so want to say how i will stop children eating my plants! lol! is it enough just to say 'children will be supervised at all times in the garden' or can i put something else, its the front garden that has plants so will only be when coming in and going out of the house. i dont know if they actually are poisonous and dont know the names of the plants to look them up!

As well as the supervision how about mentioning that you educate children not to touch flowers, berries etc. Was looking the other day at what is poisonous and even the common buttercup is, I know many childminders grow potatoes and parts of that plant are poisonous too. I do think you should be familiar with what is growing in your garden and what is harmful if touched or digested though

Hope this helps

Cx

funfunfun
24-08-2010, 06:44 AM
i would google the names of the plants you have you will find out what is poisionous easily ..............

I would suggest you take out any ones that are poisionous anyway ......im sure ofsted would suggest this too then there is no risk of the children eating things they shouldnt ...............in theory :laughing:

good luck

coffee-time
24-08-2010, 07:09 AM
trouble is i have no idea what they are called, so cant look then up, i have tried google images but wasnt much help, the children wont be playing near the plants as its the front garden the plants are in so will only be as they are coming in the house and going out i dont have any in my back garden that the children will be able to reach.