PDA

View Full Version : dd starting school so need my certificate changed

squiggle
23-08-2010, 06:35 PM
how do i word a letter to ofsted?

was going to email it them with my signature on but my mind has gone blank as to what to write.

She starts ful time school on 12th Sept and i have 3 people waiting to start that week so need it looking at asap

anyone just done one of these letters??

Thanks x

grindal
23-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I phoned up today and asked about this as DS1 starts school on 15th sept. They told me the variation team would send out cert after 15th Sept, but I could increase my numbers in the meantime as I have a rising 5 clause on my original cert. I asked them to send me this confirmation and now have a copy on file!

Chatterbox Childcare
23-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Dear Ofsted

My daughter is attending school full time as of ... September 2010 (10 sessions) so could you please change my certificate so that she is removed from the Under 5's ratio and added to the under 8's ratio.

Could you please add the paragraph that states "whilst she is in the EYFS register she is still classed as over 5".

Yours sincerely

Chatterbox Childcare
23-08-2010, 08:10 PM
forgot to add - email it to them with a read receipt and it should be forwarded on for processing tomorrow.

It is a simple change so if you don't have your new certificate by next week call and hassle them

info@ofsted.gov.uk and 08456 404040

charlie potato
23-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I thought that the number on the certificate included your child? Looks like i was wrong and i could have one more mindee (demand permitting). :clapping:

christine e
24-08-2010, 06:34 AM
I rang them yesterday about amending my certificate re 4 year olds in full time school - lady I spoke to very helpful and said she would email variations for me but it would take about 4 weeks for my cert to arrive, my friend rang recently with similar request and received her cert in about a week.

Cx

squiggle
24-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks everyone,

Emailed them last night so hoping its looked at quick. If i don't hear anything by friday i will give them a call.

xx

The Juggler
24-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I also had mine changed recently for my dd turning 8 and got my cert within a week.:)

Saled
24-08-2010, 01:38 PM
I have rang Ofsted twice about this now and they send they would send the form automatically when my child starts school. I asked how they would know when this was, as all schools are different, they ummed and arghed and said call us one week before she starts full time!

Think I will email them now (for the second time) and see what they say this time!

Gherkin
24-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Ring them as it is not the variations team that deal with it.

I rang last week and my certificate should come tomorrow - wasn't here when it was first attempted delivery as its a recorded letter.

MissTinkerbell
25-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I let them know about my twins starting school full-tine on the 20th and have my new certificate but they are still included in my under 5s numbers - this hasn't changed. Has the wording on how many children you can have changed on your certificates?

I do however have on there 'can exceed these numbers to care for 3 children in the EY age group named on variation request of......, so I know I'm allowed my 2 new mindees but I did expect that the wording about how many I can have would change from 1 under 5 to 3 under 5s.

I also have the 'when caring for children aged 4/5 in full time school.....'