PDA

View Full Version : Right ok how would you go about this?

aly
23-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Signed cotnracts for last enquiry today ...:clapping:

anyway thats not the question :D

I look after F Tues & Fri 3-5pm he is nearly 2..hours suited me before.
Mum is pg with No.2 due in march. Mum will take leave and maternity {hols are weird} so will be taking 10 months and will come back in Jan 2012. She wants to pay some sort of retainer to hold F's place as they live quite far so for 2 hours the journey is just not worth it.

So how would you go about it?...I said I'd check with you lot, she was going to check with her Sister in law as she is/wasa cm but lives in essex.

She wants to set up a standing order to pay me monthly a retainer. at the mo she only pays me £15.50 a week for those hours and 1 meal.

please help me girls..;)

p.s if i have taken a retainer to hold from march til jan does that mean i cant take anyone temporarily?

ladybug
23-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi ya, upto you how much u want to charge her (I have charged half before as it was a low amount like yours), and I would say yes take someone temporarily, why not!!!!!:laughing:

The Juggler
23-08-2010, 09:34 PM
10 months is a long time for you to be on half pay or for her to pay for an unused space.

it's a tough one. personally I would try to fill with a temp vacancy and if I could give it to her retainer free but if you can't find anyone, I'd charge a min of 50%

blue bear
24-08-2010, 07:32 AM
I have never had one that was such a small charge, but the agreement is they pay in full unless I can fill place with a temp, have always filled the place and never had to charge anyone to date. I can't afford not to be earning at full capacity so have never offered half rate.

onceinabluemoon
24-08-2010, 07:45 AM
If you charge a retainer you must not let the space go to anybody else as they are paying for it and have the right to use it if needed (but must top up to full fees if you state that in contract).

You could possibly charge a deposit for the place in January but then that's refundable (possibly against first months fees?).

I charge a half fee retainer if parents want to retain a space. They can then use that space at any time as long as they give me a little bit of notice.