PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!

*donnalouise*
23-08-2010, 04:13 PM
*************panic*************

Im newly registered and have just been contacted by a perent on childcare.co.uk desperatly seeking a childminder full time for her daughter who is 5 months. From NEXT WEEK!!!! (her childminder she had signed up for has just decided to stop!)

I have an 11.5 month old daughter already... so would OFSTED grant me this if I rang up asking for the variation in place for next week??

Also my development officer has been on leave and not had chance to come out and do the insurance visit with me. Where she signs me up for insurance and my ncma pack I get (we are funded to get these for free in this area) She is back from her hols tom... does this take long to do (ie will it be done in a week)

If things arnt in place by next week (wed) can I take the child on a non payment basis? Arghhhhh. its sent me into complete panic as I was expecting this quite so soon!!!!!

sorry for so many questions... also I dont have any registration forms or anything.. what with parents details, allergies etc. Does anyone know if they come in a ncma pack?? or could anyone share theirs with me as I have nothing like that prepared yet!

Thanks a million
Donna

samkeddy
23-08-2010, 04:19 PM
i cant answer many of your questions im afraid, but my insurance and ncma was sorted out by my la and the insurance and ncma pack did arrive in less than a week, and does contain your child information sheets and contracts. Im sure if you explain to your development worker the situation she'll make sure she see's you asap

dont no about the variation or non payment basis though but im sure someone else will be more help

well done and good luck x

jaja
23-08-2010, 04:20 PM
breath, relax and calm first, write down everything you wnat to ask ofsted, then phone them you never know unless you ask explain about doubl buggies, close in age, mum arnt find other childcare with spaces so quickly, ring the development office head quaters and ask them about insurance pack and paperwork and speak to other minders near you to see if they can help with paperwork or cover temp until you are ready, ask the mum if she could hold off until the week your daughter turns 1 if i have read this right then its 2 weeks away and explain to her that you are trying to organse it all with ofsted...

fingers crossed it works out for you both....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

love381
23-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I had a similar situation with regards the NCMA pack. I told them I needed it asap and I got temporary insurance cover immediately, followed by normal cover. I did borrow somebody else's contracts (across the road), but only to type them up and "make" my own. x

*donnalouise*
23-08-2010, 06:37 PM
thanks for the advice... Im breathing again now.. just about!

I know no childminders at all.. completly new to this, so I have no 'packs' to borrow. I have a parent pack in place (all about me and the setting, fee's etc), and all my policies + permissions (and printed ready to sign) but no records to fill in. Could someone tell me what infomation is required in these , and also anything else that is handy to have in them.

I rung OFSTED who have emailed me a variations form so im gonna look at that now - it's only actually for 4 days that my daughter is still under one - but hey ho, I'll fill it in and cross my fingers I get it in time!

The parent is coming tomorrow :eek: so I'm now giving the house a blitz and removing any unsuitable toys now

Feeling a bundle of nerves at the moment. Dint think I would feel like this as I'm normally so chilled out!

snufflepuff
23-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Is it worth explaining the situation to the parent and asking if perhaps she has family that could help for those 4 days until your daughter turns one? I have never requested a variation but from what i have read they can take a while to come through. im not sure if it would be sorted by next week- unless ofsted said they can hurry it along for you??
Hope you get it sorted, sounds like the perfect first mindee!

*donnalouise*
23-08-2010, 08:21 PM
thanks, yes, its the perfect mindee! Just what I wanted - just didnt expect things so soon!!!!! ,

yes the parents are fully aware of the situation I'm in. I was thinking, if the variation isn't in place for the 1st maybe I could take the child on a non-payment basis until my daughter turns one. Which is literally just a couple of days. Not sure whether i could do this????