PDA

View Full Version : obs help please ;)

hollyoaksmad
23-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I have baught a book of ebay learning journal to help me but im unsure what i have to put in certain sections has anyone got any ideas please

section

1. links to eyfs earling learning goals?- is that eg language, physical etc
2.how did the activity support the childrens learning?

3 then it has a section sayin all the difernt areas eg physical and
says starting point?
1s month review and so on

4 then a look listen and note section

I just need help to make sure i write the correct things in

Thank you

sarah707
23-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I have baught a book of ebay learning journal to help me but im unsure what i have to put in certain sections has anyone got any ideas please

section

1. links to eyfs earling learning goals?- is that eg language, physical etc

You will need to print out the 6 areas of learning and development for the child ... then you can use it with your LJ to check what areas the child is meeting.

2.how did the activity support the childrens learning?

I planned an outing to a craft activity afternoon at the local children's centre today.

This supported children's learning and development because they are interested in craft and were able to work in large scale, with a variety of new and different resources.

3 then it has a section sayin all the difernt areas eg physical and
says starting point?
1s month review and so on

When children start with you, you should be doing a short introduction to see where they are within the different areas of learning and development.

I imagine that's what this bit is about.

Then every so often you write up a summary assessment of how they have got on over a few months.

4 then a look listen and note section

Observation is look and listen, writing it up is note

I just need help to make sure i write the correct things in

Thank you

If that doesn't make sense I suggest you go back to the person you bought it from and ask them for more guidance.

Hth :D

blue bear
24-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I have a couple of C/M friends who struggled at first with obs.

Got them going by starting off taking photos and linking them to areas of learning (physical etc)

Also did this with written obs - just a short note of what happened and then linking it up.

Once comfy with that would then link to a plan of what you would do next.

once that was easy enough to do we used the wording from the eyfs using the look listen and note.

They just needed baby steps to get them going, they help me now!