PDA

View Full Version : toys help please

hollyoaksmad
23-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I need some suggestion of toys for boys age 5 - 11 if anyone has any ideas be great cheaper the better be good aswell.

im not very good at toy buying

thanx

margaret
23-08-2010, 12:58 PM
knex,lego,polydron,wooden train set,castle and knights, soldiers/tanks ,pirate ship/pirates,playmobile,farm,subuteo (not sure if you can still buy this boys love it) dinosaur set from elc, craft ,games ,chess,marble games ,books,rugby,cricket set.

I dont provide ,playstation,wii ,hand held games , they can provide their own at parents expense as i find that is all they want to do.If they do provide their own ,games have to be for correct age group.

I used to provide wii /playstation etc but to many disagre

margaret
23-08-2010, 01:01 PM
sorry ,pressed wrong buttons . disagreements. I buy a lot of decent toys at car boot or from friends,i dont spend a fortune ,

naomiesian
23-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Transformers are very popular with the boys here, they keep them amused for hours, can be bought cheaply on e-bay or at car-boot sales, also lego, they can build for hours :laughing: but the most popular thing is the ds or the wee/x-box although I limit them to an hour a day and if they cant share then it goes away in the cupboard.

watgem
23-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I agree lego is fantastic, also dinosaurs, board games like snakes and ladders, junior scrabble, top trumps, soundtracks, snap pairs etc, where's wally books are good but I have to say the DS and wii are the faves, I get mine by asking friends if they are selling toys to let me know, as I know where they've come from, also ebay and amazon and boot sales, and I look out for the good makes like ELC, fisher price etc, also sometimes I swap toys with childminding friends:)

blue bear
24-08-2010, 07:38 AM
we spent a whole summer once creating a pirate ship from a cardboard box and a carpet tube. the children made sails on a pully, painted it and them!!. they made cushions and outfits, bows and arrows the list goes on. It lasted for months.

My lads always enjoyed trains set, cars, lego, real tools sets, digging up the garden (time team have a lot to answer for!!) bug hunting, K'nex, board games.

Take the children to a table top sale or car boot if possible, they will pick out what they are interested in and it shouldn't be too expensive, school fates are usually reasonable.