PDA

View Full Version : ideas for boys please

samkeddy
23-08-2010, 08:55 AM
hiya,
Jst wondered if anyone could held me please? So far iv only looked after young girls 2yrs and under but hopefully in the next few weeks i'll have a 5, 7 & 9yr old boys startin, iv set the ps2 and a loads of games up ready in 1 corner of the room for them and plan to buy a football net, i havnt got much money to spend but wondered what else people could suggest to entertain them?
Thanks
Sam x

porky1979
23-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi ya, i has a ds who is 5 and he loves the ps2 and playing with figures (power rangers, star wars etc). I look after 2 7 year olds after school and when the weather is nice they mainly play in the garden but if the weather is not so good they love junk modelling and lego. Hope that helps. It is hard as they are all into different things but as you have 3 boys i am sure they will entertain each other. When they start find out what they like to play with, i find i have so many toys and most don't get played with. :)

jo f
23-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm sure they will love playin with the girls stuff too! My little man loves play cleaning equip, kitchen and loves handbags!!!!!
Make dens out of sheets, binoculors from toilet rolls
building
Art

just get a few cars, books from library

I wouldn't worry too much

samkeddy
23-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks people that really does help, iv got hubbys old lego somewhere so i'll fetch that down and im sure i can stretch to a few cars and fiqures.

By the time i get them home and fed they'll only have about an hr of playtime anyway so im sure we'll be fine

Tribe_mummy
23-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Definitely lego or other construction toys! My DS's age 5 7 and 8 love drawing, computers, model building (craft) outdoor play, comic making, playdoh (yes even at 13 my eldsest still plays eith it with the younger ones) figures, cars and mat, den building...there are loads of things when you think about it lol i sometimes struggle myself when I don't have my thinking head on x

mushpea
23-08-2010, 02:23 PM
after the first week or so you should get a feel for what they actualy play with and also you can ask them what they like.
i have just had a major toy clear out because i have lots of 'older' boys toys that they never play with and am fed up with storing toys they dont want to play with,
things they do play with are lego, wii, action figures and cars,, they love baking and junk modeling,, give em boxs and blanketts and they are happy all day making dens, space rocketts, cars etc
I wouldnt buy too much but use stuff that will fuel their imagination,, much cheaper too!

watgem
23-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I have a DS, wii, gamecube, books, lego, dinosaurs, board games, the 7 year old loves snakes and ladders, soundtrack games etc, comics, gogos?(those little plastic things they flick over)we play football in the park, go bug hunting with magnifying glasses, cooking, dvd's but I have to say he mostly prefers the ds, the younger boys(3 and 4) like the cars, trains, leapster and leappads, games as well:)