PDA

View Full Version : Would you contact this parent?

snufflepuff
22-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I had a mindee start in May and Mums job didn't work out so she gave notice and LO finished at the end of July. Mum asked me one eveing if i could swap her last few days around and i couldn't do it so explained this to her. She got a bit stroppy and said not to bother with LOs last 2 days and she would be round to get LOs things in the morning. (cup, lots of nappies and wipes, learning journal, goodbye card) She didn't turn up so i emailed to say i would be in the following day if she wanted to pop round. Again no show and she hasn't been in touch since. Do you think i should contact her again or forget about it? I don't want to get rid of lo's things then have Mum on the doorstep asking for them!
She also owes me money. I wasn't planning on asking for it because it's not that much, and knowing what the parent is like i know she would get funny about it. Also LO had lots of time off for various illnesses- at least 3 weeks worth. But i keep thinking maybe i should have done? Probably too late now but it has been bugging me!

Carol M
23-08-2010, 07:23 AM
She owes you money:eek:
Possibly why you haven't heard from her??
I'm afraid I would have been contacting her constantly and following up with legal recovery. Why oh why do parents think they can treat us like this:angry: In your case I would contact her now and not let her get away with it as it will fester. Remind her of her contract, cheeky mare:angry:
Carol xx

sharronej
23-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi, I think I would send her a letter saying if she hasn't collected LO's property by such a date then you will be disposing of them. In reality if she owes you money I don't think you'll see her again!

Sharron

Chatterbox Childcare
23-08-2010, 07:32 AM
I would contact her and say that you will hold onto the goods for another 2 weeks and then disgard them.

If she owes you money you could either add an invoice with the balance or add the invoice with a balance less credit so it shows zero.

If she gets another job she may be back

snufflepuff
23-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I honestly don't think she realises she owes me money! She paid a months fees for end of May to end of June, and months fees as deposit which covered the final month. Its just that there were a couple of days in between these 2 periods which she did not pay for, and i planned on billing her for at the end. But as she went of on one (not for the first time!) i thought that asking for money would just cause more trouble- i worried that she might be one of those who makes up random complaints to ofsted. I know i have done nothing wrong and provided quality care for her LO while she was here- but i really don't need the stress of a surprise inspection!