PDA

View Full Version : Balance/stepping stones - where to buy?

welshgirl
22-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Hello,
I'm looking at getting some stepping stones, I don't know what their proper name is or where to get them! They are differrent coloured round plastic tubs connected by ropes, that children can use to jump from one to another, I have seen them at toddlers. Anyone know what their proper name is or where I can buy them from? x

onceinabluemoon
22-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I think TTS sell them (just put TTS into a search engine).

miss mopple
22-08-2010, 07:26 PM
these?

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Product.aspx?cref=PD1723996

you could achieve the same thing more cheaply with buckets/ washing up bowls etc

I have this and the kids love it (got through sainsburys vouchers last year so free :thumbsup: )

http://www.sbs-educational.co.uk/physical-play/climbing-frames/weplay-texture-balance-boards/?ev=search

I am on the lookout for logs/ tree stumps to set out in the garden to achieve the same thing outside

JulieA
22-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I read an article recently which mentioned using small mats as they are easy to move so can be changed for each child's ability - i.e. older children being able to reach further then younger toddlers.

jellybean cc
22-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Thats a good idea, I was thinking of making my own laminated circles and squares in different colours so i can change them about.

leeloo1
27-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Just a thought, but wouldn't laminated ones skid when the children stepped onto them? Maybe carpet squares/samples would be better?

karen m
28-08-2010, 07:15 PM
i have carpet ones in differant colours,shapes kids love them

miffy
28-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I read an article recently which mentioned using small mats as they are easy to move so can be changed for each child's ability - i.e. older children being able to reach further then younger toddlers.

I bought some 99p bath mats from Ikea in different colours - they are great for all sorts of games (and colour recognition!)

Miffy xx