PDA

View Full Version : Jazzing up my setting

Helen Dempster
21-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi all

I really want to jazz up my setting (as the title says!) just by putting a few colourful posters up or something, but not really sure what to have up. What do you lovely people have on your walls, other than the kiddies drawings etc of course?

Monkey1
22-08-2010, 05:22 AM
I have a huge handpainted jungle mural (with Monkeys!) but its slowly disapearing behind everything else......especially the kids art work etc

watgem
22-08-2010, 09:39 AM
mine needs doing as well! I got a lovely book for giving ideas about your outside area-the little book of outdoor play-I don't know whether some of that could be done inside, or perhaps you could ask the children for their ideas?:)

jumpinjen
22-08-2010, 02:31 PM
perhaps pics and posters of autumn trees, forest animals, leaves etc as it's getting towards the next season..... otherwise shapes and animals have always been popular here, but I don't have much on the wall.... some colourful mats (a few of us use bathmats rfom ikea.... bright coloured round ones with rubber base) to jazz up the floor area...... some coloured play silks, pieces of netting/shiny materials or cotton wraps from the market look beautiful hung up.... you can pin pictures to them with safety pins then....

Jen x

janminder
22-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Posters I have are:

Great Britain and Ireland Map
World Map
Fruit
Vegetables
Alphabet(letters with pictures)
Numbers with pictures (eg 1 boat, 2 clowns....)
Picture poster in 8 sections with word and pictures for clothes, food, on the farm, in the town, in the garden, in the kitchen, in the sitting room, in the bathroom
Body and the 5 senses in English and French (I have 2 english/french boys) Nursery rhymes
Colours and shapes in 10 sections with words and pictures for red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, crescent
Hello in different languages

these are in the hallway, in the living room I have a multicultural poster on a door with pictures and names of children from around the world above this goes the childrens art work.

miss mopple
22-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I use the posters I get from Nursery Ed, have quite a collection now :thumbsup: I have a big display board for bits of artwork etc (given to me by a member of the forum a while ago :thumbsup: )

Also have some laminated posters from the printables site that we no longer talk about in the book area, a house rules poster and a fire drill one.

I also have a little shabby chic type board with a peg on that says 'this weeks masterpiece' and a gorgeous wall plaque that is a cartoon pic of a bus, with a pic of me driving and all my mindees and DD's as passengers and the name of my service. It was a gift from my mindee last year and I love it :D

jo f
22-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I had a bit of a brainwave the other night a few years ago:blush: I got a digital photo frame which I've never had out of the box. Thought of using it for mindees photos! Its not that big but I may as well get some use out of it! I have a place for it where the wires etc can be out of reach but still put at a level so the kids can see it. I'm off thisd week so plan to sort it out. I also have displays of our themes, posters, cheap but effective mirrored shapes from B& M and have some mobiles