PDA

View Full Version : CONFUSED

hollyoaksmad
21-08-2010, 09:03 PM
sorry if i have got this very wrong but if child is 5 years old and over do you continue doing observations is there anything different you do regarding observations?x

beccas
21-08-2010, 09:05 PM
you do not need to do observations, you dont have to do anything for over 5's

i give each of mine a book and we put pics in of them and things we do.

hollyoaksmad
21-08-2010, 09:06 PM
good idea thank you x

pinkbutterfly
22-08-2010, 12:45 AM
You have to do observations etc until the end of August after child's 5th birthday. This is what Ofsted told me on the phone two days ago (I have a mindee who will be 5 in Sept and I thought I could stop ...).

love381
22-08-2010, 06:42 AM
You have to do observations etc until the end of August after child's 5th birthday. This is what Ofsted told me on the phone two days ago (I have a mindee who will be 5 in Sept and I thought I could stop ...).

This is true, I think it fits with just before they go back to school to be in Year 1, so they've left the Foundation Stage at school etc. x

christine e
22-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Children come under EYFS until 31st August after their 5th birthday so a child who is 5 on 1st September 2010 is under EYFS until 31st August 2011 but as they are in school you would not be expected to do lots and lots of obs etc as school are the main ones involved with the child. Just carry on putting photos in learning journey and doing an observation now and again etc etc but not the volume you have been doing in the past.

Cx