PDA

View Full Version : Phew long week

Pipsqueak
20-08-2010, 01:15 PM
After taking on some ad hoc care for a 7 and 4 year old plus my mindees I am shattered.
they are shattered too and I have just made them all sit down to watch a dvd (7yr old is sulking in the playroom because i won't let him have any more food, he has cost me a fortune in food this week!) as they are all getting narky with each other and 'bored'.

roll on 5.30 - quickly

Roseolivia
20-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I've only worked 3 days with 1 mindee each day and that's been long.

Pipsqueak
20-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Arrrghhh since when did my kids become so darned obnoxious and selfish.....

7yr old mindee is driving me potty.

1hr to go

Bananabrain
20-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Trouble is Pip, children have far too much these days. My hubby was saying last night that we live in an 'instant' society and the idea of waiting for anything is just alien to them!
Think I'm surviving quite well although 12 yr old son is grounded for feeding paper to the goats at the farm!:angry:
I know that I do alot more cooking/crafts/outings than most minders I know. But it's still not enough!
4yr old mindee announced today 'I'm boring':laughing: meaning 'Im bored'
Older ones fell about saying yeh you are!

Bananabrain
20-08-2010, 03:46 PM
And as for food bills!
It's actually quite scary how much it costs to feed 6 children 3 meals a day!
childminding...............easy money. Ha Ha. You've got to be kidding.

Hebs
20-08-2010, 04:26 PM
been a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG day here, rest of the week went pretty fast but today every minute felt like an hour :panic:

jumpinjen
20-08-2010, 04:58 PM
My week has felt like an eternity.... i have a particularly subversive and antagonistic 5 year old girl to care for..... you wouldn't believe the amount of supervsiion required when she arrives on the scene midway through the morning.... it goes from peaceful harmonious play to unease, squabbles and upset..... she's really testing me!

jen

Pipsqueak
20-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Trouble is Pip, children have far too much these days. My hubby was saying last night that we live in an 'instant' society and the idea of waiting for anything is just alien to them!
Think I'm surviving quite well although 12 yr old son is grounded for feeding paper to the goats at the farm!:angry:
I know that I do alot more cooking/crafts/outings than most minders I know. But it's still not enough!
4yr old mindee announced today 'I'm boring':laughing: meaning 'Im bored'
Older ones fell about saying yeh you are!

I know what you mean - I done up some fruit and it was met with derision and pokes of 'don't like that' - told him that he would have to wait till teatime - cue some more sulks. Its just been constant - can I have... I am hungry.... I want something to eat..... can I have...... - he even tried getting my 5yr old to get him stuff out of the kitchen.
Served up tea - 'don't like that' - fine don't eat it.... 'want something else'.... there is nothing else, i am going on holiday and have run my fridge and freezer down.... eat it or go hungry.....' hmmmppph - s'pose I'll have to eat it or starve'.... YEP got it in one. Thing is HE choose the meal yesterday!!!
All week its been can I have... an ice cream... sweets.... a drink.... go here/there/this/that/the other....... - asked him if he thought I was made of money his reply was - well my mums paying you.... my reply yes but not enough to for you to want want want.
he hasn't been the tidiest or gentlest of children with the toys - I got so sick of telling him to stop ragging toys around and leaving them out.

Anyway - the week is over and I am now on holiday...... gotta go and pack when I can be bothered........