PDA

View Full Version : mortgage

eviesnanny
20-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Should I be worried about informing my mortgage provider about becoming a childminder or is it just a formality?

Mookins
20-08-2010, 10:27 AM
i would be very concerned hun, if they say yo cant childmind from your house, then you cant

have you started your icp yet? as i would fdefinatly check that you can do it from home first cos if you cant then even if you went ahead with the course etc your insurance wouldnt be valid:(

xx

Louise B
20-08-2010, 11:44 AM
OMG I thought it was just a formality too!!! Oh dear... better ring them . xx

charlie potato
20-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I thought it was just formality as well. :panic:

Mookins
20-08-2010, 11:50 AM
maybe im wrong then:(

am sure you have to have permission though cos some mortgages say no

am sure there will be someone else come along to confirm

xx

eviesnanny
20-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Now I'm worried. I am registered now and have just put out some adverts.
Has anyone out there ever had a problem with their mortgate company? Only realised I had to do this recently. I have no memory of them mentioning it on my CHiP course, but then I couldn't possibly remember everything they said. It's certainly not in any of the handouts.:(

Straws
20-08-2010, 02:02 PM
I have never informed my mortage company, just checked the deeds that there was nothing on there to stop me from running a business from home. And there was lol, just a quick call to the local planning sorted it all out.

Straws xx

Mookins
20-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I have never informed my mortage company, just checked the deeds that there was nothing on there to stop me from running a business from home. And there was lol, just a quick call to the local planning sorted it all out.

Straws xx

my apologies i thought it was the motgage people that deal with the deeds

xxxxx:blush:

wellybelly
20-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Straws xx

Me neither and I rang the planning department who asked me to write in with my details. They confirmed there was nothing stopping me running a business from home as per my deeds and confirmed this in writing.