PDA

View Full Version : Short term childminding

Clever Clogs
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi there

I think I may have seen something relating to my query before but can't seem to find it so prob quicker off asking. I've been asked by a mum to mind her son for 1 hour Monday to Fri while she does driving lessons. Apart from my neighbour's son starting on 5th May, I have no one else just now (expect after schoolers on a Tues) so have a place. I have explained to her that if I get any queries for a full timer or more hours we would need to make alternative arrangements and she is fine with that. However, does she need to go through all my polices and do all the permission slips as normal mindees? And I presume I will need to do a contract and all? Not sure if there is a 'condensed' way of going about this so anyone's experience would be great.

Thanks
Tracey

sarah707
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Policies and paperwork are there to safeguard you... as are contracts. Even though it seems a faff, it's best to have everything in place then if something goes wrong, you are covered :D

crazybones
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Policies and paperwork are there to safeguard you... as are contracts. Even though it seems a faff, it's best to have everything in place then if something goes wrong, you are covered :D

I agree with James Bond sorry I mean Sarah :laughing:

Trouble
03-04-2008, 07:17 PM
you can buy short term contract books from Ncma i have some they cover you for 28 days i think

worth it

Clever Clogs
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks

Will go through the lot with her.

Tracey

Tatia
04-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I can e-mail you a copy of a short-term NCMA contract, if it helps. Just PM me with your e-mail address.

May be this evening before I get back with you as it's a sunny day and we're going out but I will definitely respond.:)