PDA

View Full Version : so fed up with this job!

EllaBella
20-08-2010, 06:43 AM
I think I have had enough of childminding:(
remember my parent from another thread, social services were involved, well I terminated the contract yesterday on the doorstep!, after 2 weeks of mum lying about money, she tells the silliest lies, and it makes me so cross, if she had only told he truth i would have been flexible.

she owes me 400, 2 weeks money, and has promised on 5 different days "she has the money, is getting a loan, tax readits have not gone in, someone has stole her credit card, ect ect yawwwwwwwwwnnnn

i told her unless i have full pyment up to date then i cant care for baby monday. , she is claiming tax credits but has no job , was sacked?

"can you have him just one more week?" errr no!!

I feel so let down, I have bent over backwards to help this mum get sorted and she has taken me for a complete mug!

anyway i wrote out the letter and took it to her house, only ten mins across the park, and when i tried to post it, a man opened the door saying, he had moved in 7 WEEKS AGO , so she has moved and not told me.

i work so hard to be as good a childminder and make sure that baby has a lovely day when with me and parens like this make me so so upset.

I have applied for some jobs working within the nhs, as right now im so sick of parents and the utter cr@p that we take from them, its just not worth it!

Hebs
20-08-2010, 06:50 AM
i feel your pain, and i think we all go through this at some point

sending you hugs xxxx

Carol M
20-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Oh Ella, I'm so sorry to hear this.
I have been minding a fair while now and still occasionally get taken for a ride. It does happen to us all but generally we form excellent relationships with our " families". Look at it in a positive way, you have already taken action which is good, put in place what you could do to stop it happening again eg home visit before contract start,money in advance somehow.
I would definitely end this contract you can not work with lies!
Not sure if you will get your money tho, check with your insurance (NCMA or MM ?)
It's so hard not to be a soft touch but chin up and stick to your guns
Carol xx
And report her to tax credits fraud line!!

Polly2
20-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Oh hunny - sorry to hear you have had this hassle :( there are some lovely parents out there but like the others have said some awful ones too.

You have done the right thing terminating. Maybe you can advertise while looking for other jobs - you never know you might get a nice family????

EllaBella
20-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I am advertising for children, but iv been feeling this way for a month or so now, i think i have been unlucky with my parets, i cared for a little girl for 4 years til they moved to essex and they were absoloutly lovely, since then iv had awful parents!

i feel its such a thankless job, like im just a babysitter, i dont think people realise that we do obs, training planning, and when the children go home, we still writing up , ect ect. i work so hard to get it right.

i also think childminding tax credit payments should go direct to childminder!

i hav had some lovely children and fmilies but lately the bad times are far far outweighing the good times.

because we work from home people think "its not a real job" and we drink tea all day grrr xx

sarahlorraine73
20-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Keep smiling hun! We know what a fantastic job we do. x

wellybelly
20-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Please don't let this one parent spoil your career as a childminder. Not all parents are like this and I know you've been completley ripped off, I think this kind of behaviour is rare. Put it down to experience and move on.

You'll find in time, this will toughen you up and you won't be sucked in again.

em29
20-08-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree with the other ladies. Don't let this put you off if you still enjoy having the children. I also feel like no one appreciates the amount of work we do. Most of my friends just look at me like my head fell off when I say I have paperwork to catch up on or meetings to go to! They think I just watch the kids play all day. But remember, you can earn fairly good money in the comfort of your own home doing mostly what you want to do. Not many jobs can offer the same advantages. xx

singlewiththree
20-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Are you sure she has moved and he isn't just a BF who is trying to fob you off?

Mookins
20-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Are you sure she has moved and he isn't just a BF who is trying to fob you off?

i thought this too, the amountof excuses shes already given you. Id drive pastor keep an eye on the house for a while see who goes in and out

what a moo!

xxx

Blue Boy
20-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Sooo sorry to hear your story. Please remember the good parents far out number the bad ones. Give yourself sometime to think things through and don't make and quick decision. Remember you have lots of friends on this forum who are more than willing to listen to you and give you advice. We have nearly all benn through it:angry:

Tippy Toes
20-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Thats awful. Some parents just do not see how hard we work. They also dont think its important to pay :angry:

EllaBella
20-08-2010, 01:53 PM
i got a call this morning, mum has been arrested for dangerous driving, attacking another person and baby is safe, but mum has been taken somewhere safe, so the police say, mental health team and social services are investigating, baby not going back to mum for a while til she has sortedthings out , such a shame:(

Ripeberry
20-08-2010, 02:03 PM
At least the baby is safe and the mum is getting the care she so obviously needs. Problem is, can you get your money off her now? :(

EllaBella
20-08-2010, 02:20 PM
prob little chance, ncma were quite rude that i didnt hav an address for her, but i didnt know she had moved she kept it hush hush, i suspect as she was trying , in her own way to hide from social services turnng up on her doorstep. my heart missed a beat when i heard, just glad babys ok, i think the world of him xx

Erika
20-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Why do the NMCA need an address for her?

If it's to enforce payment there are legal ways and means of going about this without an address.

mushpea
20-08-2010, 06:55 PM
good grief how awful for you,, i too have had some cr*p parents in the past and also alwful children that were rude and terribly behaved but definalty old enough to know better,, this put me off childminding and i gave up my registration, found other work, then 3yrs ago i decided to go back to minding and havent looked back since,,
what i would say to you is if you still feel you want a break from minding for a while then do so but do not give up your registration as you have to go through the whole proccess again to re-register,, keep advertising for children and see what happens, there are some lovley parents out there,, I now have 5 parents and 8 children all who are lovley and are like part of my family and i am so glad i went back to minding.
take some time to think it thru but dont give up your reg untill you are absoulty certian thats what you want.

EllaBella
22-08-2010, 02:17 PM
thanks everyone, I wont give up my reg, but if a job comes along that i like then i will take it, i can always come back to childminding, and i will contiinue to mind now til i find another path or calm down, but i do think i need a change. xx

janminder
22-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Sorry to read you have been through all this. Hope whatever you do works out well for you.