PDA

View Full Version : Do you find yourself watching everyones mindees?

sweets
19-08-2010, 08:03 PM
i went out to the park today with a minder, her 3 mindees, a friend and her 2 children. i thought i was in for an easy day as i only had 1 mindee and she was in a pram! but no i ended up constantly looking for and counting up the other children. lol. the other 2 adults were quite capable of watching the children they were responsible for and quite rightly did so but i still couldnt relax unless i could see them all :laughing:

am i the only one that does this?

clio0602
19-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Nope I do it all the time :blush: Even if I'm not working or I don't even know the children and they just happen to be playing in the park or soft play I'm at lol

snufflepuff
19-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Yep! I do it at a toddler group- it's on my day off so only have my son with me and the other LOs are with their Mummies. One of them happens to be a mindee but is there with her Mum and i am always cheking i can see her!

fluffysocks
19-08-2010, 08:31 PM
yep me too!! doesnt matter where i am just cant help it!

moljak
19-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I even do it with my neice and nephew while visiting my sister.if my 2yr old neice nips into garden it's me who checks she's ok and not doing something she shouldn't.i'm up and down like a yoyo

Had taking my DD to the park as I constantly watch for other children falling ect.Their mums don't even go!

ourmadhouse
19-08-2010, 10:00 PM
ha ha yep sure do, dont mind though as i dont relize im doing it.

Did notice on a school nursery trip though (all children had to bring one grown up with them) most of them knew i was a child minder so some felt it was ok to ask me to watch their lo while they poped the loo but then the parent smokers clicked and they asked too :rolleyes: coluld have made a fair bit that day if i charged for my time :D

sonia ann
20-08-2010, 04:50 AM
had to laugh at this as my dd says that when i go anywhere I know where any child is and what they are doing within a minute of arriving..........even those that are nothing to do with me, it's like a radar :D

oakie dokie
20-08-2010, 09:35 AM
i do it all the time, everytime i think one is going to hurt themselves i jump and react straight away! it's inbuilt!:laughing: wish i could switch off !