PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do?

celdemorg
19-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi

I've mentioned about one of my little mindees on a previous thread, but I need some advice please.

I think this little one may have some sort of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (apologies if i've worded this incorrectly).

After the first couple of months of minding him, I knew that there wasn't something quite right. What I now need to know is how do I go forward, I think, well I know that mum is unaware of there being a problem (he is there first child) he's had hearing tests and his hearing isn't too good, but I think parents are putting down some of behaviour to this. But there are a lot of other areas of his behaviour that give me concern, these have been mentioned to parent's, but I get very odd responses from them.

I feel as though I'd be just sitting back if I don't do anything, but I don't know what my next step would be, shall I talk to my Childminding Support Officer, Health Visitor. I don't want to be a 'Childminder' that didn't do anything.

Please your advice would be really appreciated.

xxx

jaja
19-08-2010, 01:33 PM
tread carefully, speak to both parents again, make observations to back you up, without names speak to your childmidning support worker and see what they say may have a good idea, and when you have enough evidence speak to the parents again, i carnt think of anything else at the mo head not working a the mo, but i am sure someone will help you soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarah707
19-08-2010, 05:43 PM
You have to walk a fine line here.

First don't ever give a child a name in front of parents - they do not want to hear it.

Second praise the child, find the positives... for every negative they need huge amounts of positives.

Third make careful notes of your concerns and speak to someone locally who can give you confidential advice.

Hth :D