PDA

View Full Version : Foxes

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-08-2010, 12:21 PM
We are having terrible trouble with foxes coming into our garden. Behind us is what i would consider waste land but it happens to be a housing associations tenents garden. There are a family of about 6 foxes that live on it.

We have tried various methods to discourage them from entering our garden but the final straw came today when i had a house full of kids and one entered the kitchen.

I have spoken to the council, environmental health all of which says its not their responsibility. The housing association said they would clear the land but is waiting to get permission from the tenent (been waiting about a month)

Any other suggestions please!

jadylasa
19-08-2010, 12:37 PM
oh dear, I don't have any suggestions, i wouldn't know where to start with this one!!!! But want to wish you good luck in sorting this out! Only thing I can suggest is do you have anything in your garden that could be attracting them (pets/rubbish bins etc)? xxx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
19-08-2010, 12:59 PM
We have 2 cats. which is worrying as we dont want any harm to come to them.

They also constantly visiting our neighbours as well.

I literally just went into the garden and one was sunbathing on the middle of our lawn!

little miss chatterbox
19-08-2010, 01:31 PM
goodness that is really scary especially in light of the recent news!

I have no idea, my parents area was visited by a fox cub and I suggested environmental health but then it disappeared.

I'm really not sure what to suggest other than stay safe!

sillysausage
19-08-2010, 01:51 PM
You might consider one of those electronic scarers. I believe they do one for dogs, similar to the one for cats, switching it on when you are not in the garden (though might bother your cats if they have free access)

flora
19-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Hugh fearnley whotsit off the telly swears by human hair :D

You go to your local hair dresser and get laods of hair, bung it in old tights and hang around the perimeter of your garden.

They don't like the smell. I have never done this but I do know several chuck keeping friend who swear by it too.

Failing that a shot gun :laughing:

jadylasa
19-08-2010, 11:05 PM
haha, shot gun!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
although shot gun requires a licence, we have enough paper work to do already!!!! the human hair is worth a shot though! i'd have to ask the hair dresser to put it in the tights for me though cause I have a phobia of it:panic: good job for me mine is a very good friend!

~Chelle~
20-08-2010, 06:27 AM
I would go to the local papers!! They will highlight the fact that the council and also the housing association are doing nothing about the foxes and are putting children at risk.

They wont like the bad publicity and will soon have something done about the foxes!

Failing that, could you not approach the person who lives in the house?? I would knock up a letter saying that they give permission for the land to be cleared and get them to sign it.

Cannot believe that after what happened to those twin girls, councils are not taking proper action against protecting children against foxes. Foxes are dangerous animals, are they waiting for it to happen again before they will do anything??:angry: