PDA

View Full Version : help with legal stuff!

slf
19-08-2010, 09:31 AM
hi,has anyone actually had legal assistance to get an outstanding payment? a parent took her child out of my setting with immediate effect and refuses to pay her 4 wks notice as stated in the contract. spoke to ncma for advice and they were supportive. in my early days as a childminder i raised my fees for the child and it was agreed verbally but i didnt fill out a new contract-silly in retrospect but you learn from mistakes i guess.
if it goes to court,will the parent say that i only stick to the contract when it suits me and will it go in her favour?
i know all cases are individual but has any one got any views?thanks:::(

Annie_T
19-08-2010, 10:34 PM
hi

im sorry you have had this happen - every cm worse nightmare i guess.

maybe soemone will come help you now ive bumped this up x

jadylasa
19-08-2010, 11:27 PM
what is written in your contact is what will stand, regardless of what mum says, if she has signed it then it is legaly binding. if you have changed your fees with out updating the contract then the old fees will still apply. Do you have a notice period in your contract if so then she doesn't have a leg to stand on....fight it all the way, even for fees at the old rate. If it doesn't state a notice period then she can terminate without notice so leave well alone cut your losses or you may be liable for legal fees on both sides! This is how I understand the contacts, I have never been through this before. Whatever the outcome of this make sure all future contracts have a notice period and any current ones you have...revise them to include one! you are intitled to revise at any time, just get parent to agree and sign.

my opinion hun hope it helps. xxx