PDA

View Full Version : What would I need to do?

MissTinkerbell
19-08-2010, 09:05 AM
At the moment we are living in England and obviously registered with Ofsted. DH is in the RAF and is up for promotion at the moment and there is always the possibility that we could be posted to Lossie or Leuchars and I was wondering if anyone knew what I would need to do to sort things out to carry on childminding if we did move to Scotland?

Would I have to start the whole process again or do the Care Commission recognise the time and inspections under Ofsted (I'm due an inspection Nov next year and we probably wouldn't be posted until 2011 anyway)? If it does start all over again, how long or is there a shorter process if you already registered with Ofsted?

I'm hoping that this doesn't happen (nothing against Scotland) because I'd really rather not have to go through the whole process again and have to go 3 or so months without being able to work.

Thank you

lorimac
19-08-2010, 12:48 PM
The best people to answer all your questions so you get the right info and allow you to plan is the Care Commission, you should give them a call, they are very helpful, any time i've had to call they have been really nice and don't mind you asking questions

Alibali
19-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes, give them a phone, they'll know best. Hope it works out for you well. Scotland is beautiful, you'd love it here and we dont have to do eyfs either:clapping:

peanuts
19-08-2010, 01:15 PM
as the other posters have said, give the care commission a phone. Its lovely up that way.