PDA

View Full Version : Children with Disabilities

ladybug
18-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi guys, am a member of local NCMA network and we have what is called MArvellous Minders where referrals from the children with disabilities team from soc serv are passed thru for parents/carers looking for respite/childcare for their kids with disabilities, I have taken on 2 so far and they are an absolute pleasure to work with there is so much job satisfaction! I have another set of parents coming to see me tomorro with a little girl who has many problems, my child record form is very basic similar to the NCMA one, has anyone a more detailed form??? Have searched on line but cannot find anything and just cant face re doing mine unless absolutley necessary!!!!

Stillgoingstrong
18-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi I guess I'm dumb but what other information should I have other than what's asked for on the usual child record form? I have a lo starting with cerebral palsy so has limited mobility and hadn't even thought about it tbh:eek:

ladybug
18-08-2010, 08:12 PM
well i am not sure, but just sitting here thinking about what i need to know, i know a few bits from the referral and i know alot gets told when the parents visit, its just remembering it all!!
this one has amongst other things behavious probs, so i spose i need to know if anything sets it off, how they deal with it! She has probs communicating too...............hmmm!!

sarah707
18-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Your standard form should ask about any extra help the child needs.

Once you have that filled in by parents you can start thinking about anything else you might want in place.

For example if a child has an ongoing condition or disability you might have a care plan for him :D

ladybug
18-08-2010, 08:21 PM
yes it does but only a couple of lines, thats what i need...a care plan to complete! where can i get something like that, I am ok with the 2 I have as i know everything they need, its just adding another to the pot so to speak i need some memory joggers!!!!