PDA

View Full Version : Heart stopping moment today - thought I'd lost mindee

happytotschildminding
18-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Then I remembered I was pushing her in the pushchair!!!:laughing: :laughing:

I'm a nervous wreck - does it affect anyone else like this?

Carol

sarah707
18-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I used to get like that... now I'm a bit more laid back but then I've had 16 years practice :laughing: :D

sillysausage
18-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I had that with my 4 year old mindee last week. We went to the seaside for the day and shortly after lunch she went 'missing'. I spent a frantic 5 mins looking for her :eek: Then found her under our jackets next to the windbreak fast asleep:o

zillervalley
18-08-2010, 05:22 PM
ah bless ya

Alibali
18-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Lol!!:clapping: :clapping:

Lol
18-08-2010, 06:21 PM
When I first started minding 15 yrs ago, I used to get very flustered leaving the school playground with a number of children. On one of these occasions, I had just crossed over the road directly outside the school when I suddenly heard "MUMMY !!!!". I looked over my shoulder to see my daughter still standing on the opposite side of the road:eek: :eek: To be perfectly honest, my first thought was - thank God that wasn't one of the mindees!!! :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I know - terrible Mother!!!!:littleangel:

onceinabluemoon
18-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Then I remembered I was pushing her in the pushchair!!!:laughing: :laughing:

I'm a nervous wreck - does it affect anyone else like this?

Carol

Yes!!!

Yesterday in fact! I'm so used to a little one walking now but put her in the buggy yesterday as it was her nap time when we went out. Came out of a shop, did a mental head count, and just for 30 seconds went into panic mode before i remembered she was in the buggy under the blanket I'd put on to keep the sun off her as she slept!

Stillgoingstrong
18-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm still a bit of a panicker after years of having eyes in the back of my head :panic: Its horrible when you think one has done a runner, but equally frustrating is hunting for your glasses so you can actually SEE what they're up to only to find them on top of your head - the glasses that is, not the kids:eek:

loocyloo
18-08-2010, 08:52 PM
i couldn't find a mindee today - she was holding my hand !:laughing:

estrelas
18-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Same here

I hate it when i'm busy for two days then just have two of them. I feel lost. Or when one goes home at two. I am looking for them for the rest of the day:laughing:

auntym
18-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Iv actually been driving my 7 seater on a saturday (dont work wkends) and glanced in the back and seen empty seats, and my hearts sank while im thinking oh Sh*t where are they? then i realise its wkend and by that time i feel sick and damage been done lol

jaja
19-08-2010, 07:55 AM
lol... had to laugh at the replys as this would also scare me, i drive everyone mad doing head counts, one when we leave house, in the car before we leave, getting anywhere and then when we leave and still check every now and again,

xx

Bananabrain
19-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Yup! I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the end of the hols!
Got a 3yr old {nearly4} who's a runner! Threatened to put reins on him today.
It only takes a second and it's my worst nightmare.

Monkey26
19-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I did this at the zoo last week!
My partner was just up ahead with an older child and i was shouting "have you got x" and one of the 5year olds is going "JoJo" tugging on my coat but by this time (all of 10seconds!) ive got a little panic on so am saying "xx just wait i need to see where x is"
"BUT JOJO X IS HOLDING YOUR HAND!!!" came the reply :D xx

jibberjitz
19-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I've done that at the park a couple of times and they have been right there holding my hand!!!:blush:

happytotschildminding
19-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Phew, thanks folks - so good to know I'm not the only one:D

Carol

watgem
21-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I dream about this all the time, and that I've forgotten to pick them up from school/preschool, or forgotten to feed or change them or I just don't look afterthem properly, I'm often exhausted when I wake up!