PDA

View Full Version : after schoolies v full-timers

Helen Dempster
18-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi gang

I know I've asked this question before, but I'm STILL not getting it and am being a bit of a simpleton :blush: :blush:

On my certificate it says "may care for no more than 4 children under 8, of these not more than 2 may be in the early years group and of these not more than 1 may be under 1 at any time"...so, my question is this - if I have 3 after schoolies only (but also f/t in schl hols), does this mean I can only have one full-timer. Do I have to 'kick out' all the after schoolies and replace with full-time mindees or can I have both? I don't know why I find it so bloomin' confusing...but I do! :o The mindees I have so far are 8yrs, 5yrs, 4yrs...the two younger ones are starting full time school in November.

Thanks all!

tracey36
18-08-2010, 12:02 PM
sounds like you can have 3 under 5`s of these no more can be under a year old the 8 year old wont count and 1 over 5 at any one time

AliceK
18-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi gang

I know I've asked this question before, but I'm STILL not getting it and am being a bit of a simpleton :blush: :blush:

On my certificate it says "may care for no more than 4 children under 8, of these not more than 2 may be in the early years group and of these not more than 1 may be under 1 at any time"...so, my question is this - if I have 3 after schoolies only (but also f/t in schl hols), does this mean I can only have one full-timer. Do I have to 'kick out' all the after schoolies and replace with full-time mindees or can I have both? I don't know why I find it so bloomin' confusing...but I do! :o The mindees I have so far are 8yrs, 5yrs, 4yrs...the two younger ones are starting full time school in November.

Thanks all!

With what you've already got you can have 2 more. they can be FT's (eg not at school) OR 2 x schoolies or a mix of both but whatever age you can only have 2 more (thats assuming that they will all be there at the same times)
The 8yr old won't count in your numbers except for insurance purpopses.
I don't think I explained that very well :blush:

xxxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2010, 12:52 PM
At the moment you have 4 spaces and only under 8's count so you 8> is not relevant. You have 1 5 year old and 1 4 year old which leaves you with 2 more children. How you decide to fill these spaces is up to you. At present you can have 1 more under 5 and 1 more over 5 but when you 4 year old goes full time you can have 2 under or over 5 (your choice)

Just remember that the 8 year old does not count - you then add up what you have already and the balance is what is available.

Did I explain that well? Not sure but hope I haven't confused you more.