PDA

View Full Version : bibs

Helen79
18-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Sorry for the really boring thread but was just wondering what everyone does about bibs?
Mindee is dribbling so much that she's going through 3 or 4 bibs in a day. At the moment I'm using my own but just wondered if other people ask parents to bring them or do you just use your own?

little chickee
18-08-2010, 10:51 AM
i do a bit of both really - if a mindee is very dribbly i find that i need to change the bib every hour so thats a big supply every day.

if i have used a parents bib at mealtimes and its got really messy i always wash it out before giving it back.

Twinkles
18-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I have a vast supply of bibs, I get them from pound shops etc. I use my own as I often find it hard to keep track of what belongs to whom and it's one less thing for me to lose :rolleyes:

margaret
18-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I provide all bibs/bibbles and muslins as hate when wet,dribbly ,puky bibs /muslins are left in some parents bags.They have to be clean and unstained and i do tell parents this.

I also hate clothes,coats that stink of cigarette smoke but thats another story and going of the thread.

I am not in a happy mood today and could quite happily give up minding,fed up with parents not reading newsletters,turning up with tired children ,its like talking to myself . Not feeling professional today .

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Parents supply when they are little and I have the plastic ones for eating as they get older.

celdemorg
18-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I use my own bibs too, to be honest i don't think i'd like to use the ones the parent's leave in the bags, a bit of a health hazard!!! God knows how long they've been sitting in there. I know the ones I use are clean.

Going off the subject of bibs slightly, i've got a little one, who's bag has been full of sand since May (that little hot spell we had) and i've told mum, nothing's been done, but it's the little pocket all the dummies are kept in - do you think I should wash the bag!!!

Ditto Margaret, i've got too mindees who's bag, clothes etc stink of smoke, its not easy to put them away either to hide the smell!! I'm feeling just like you too today, although you've been doing it a lot longer, I don't hold out much hope for me:(

snufflepuff
18-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I have loads of different types of bibs. Parents started off sending them but don't bother anymore so i use my own.
If LO is dribbing lots, dribble bibs/ bandana bibs are fab. You can get them on ebay (and lots of other places). They are fleece backed so LOs skin doesn't get wet. My son usd to get terrible rashes on his neck and chest from dribbing and these bibs sorted that out- for several months he never went anywhere without one on. I made my own too- sold some and put some in party bags on my sons birthday!

Mouse
18-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I use my own bibs. Parents do often start by putting them in the bags, but usually give up when they realise I don't use them.

I have a huge supply of bibs, use them once, then chuck them in the linen bin. I have so much family washing to do that a few extra bibs don't make much difference.

sarah707
18-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I use my own then I know they are clean and fresh every meal time. :D

Kimmy050983
18-08-2010, 05:44 PM
I have loads of different types of bibs. Parents started off sending them but don't bother anymore so i use my own.
If LO is dribbing lots, dribble bibs/ bandana bibs are fab. You can get them on ebay (and lots of other places). They are fleece backed so LOs skin doesn't get wet. My son usd to get terrible rashes on his neck and chest from dribbing and these bibs sorted that out- for several months he never went anywhere without one on. I made my own too- sold some and put some in party bags on my sons birthday!

I have these too, they are called funky bibz!! They are fab and you can choose from lots of designs! absolutely invaluable!!

I provide my own bibs as wouldnt want the hassle of remembering who´s who´s..!