PDA

View Full Version : Do you do anythind special when a mindee is finishing with you??

stressed
18-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi guys, mindee that i had for 2 years now is finishing this week was just wondering if any of you buy presents or do anything special when a mindee finishes?:idea:

Helen Dempster
18-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I've just had a mindee leave after 18m :-( I held a little tea party for him and the other mindees (they called it his leaving birthday!) :laughing: and bought him a couple of books and a little fire engine from Asda. I don't think you should/need to spend a lot, just a little token gift will be fine :) I hope mindee and his/her parents buy YOU something to show their appreciation :)

celdemorg
18-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I bought myself a present a lovely bottle of wine!! ::jump for joy: :

marnieb
18-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I bought myself a present a lovely bottle of wine!! : :

lol - my mindee leaves tomorrow and I already have a nice one ready!!!!

As it was T's birthday 2 weeks ago I bought her a nice present, and I'm giving her her baby doll and accessories to take to her new cm's to help settle her in. I think that's enough, and we'll go to the park and make cakes together. I know mum has bought my 2 a pressie, but don't know if she'll get me anything... tbh an extra £20 would be enough!!!!!!

marnie
x

blue bear
18-08-2010, 05:02 PM
we usually have a special day on the last day either a tea party or if child old enough they choose what we do, have been to farm, swimming, soft play and even KFC.. I buy a small present for child from my family and I.

sarah707
18-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I usually do them a special tea of their favourite food which they choose.

Then I give them a pressy, their learning journey and some photos of their time with us.

I help the other children to make them a goodbye card. :D

charleyfarley
18-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd be putting the flags out :clapping: :blush: Can you tell I've had a bad day:panic:

Carol xx

zillervalley
18-08-2010, 05:39 PM
tea party , ballons, and a prezzi

Mouse
18-08-2010, 05:48 PM
It depends how happy I am to see the child go :o Actually, it's more likely to depend on how old the mindee is & how long they've been with me.

I do tend to have children with me for years, so when they leave we have a little party and sometimes hire a bouncy castle. I buy them a book (preferably one that's been a favourite here) and make up a little book of photos for them. The other children make a card.

Cammie Doodle
18-08-2010, 06:03 PM
We usually have a party and we give a gift. I have one LO leaving in Sept, but I'm in denial, dreading him leaving. He made me very weepy today just thinking about it, as he was draped around my neck :( This is the worst feeling

fluffysocks
19-08-2010, 08:38 PM
i recently had a mindee leave after 18 months, we had a tea party for all the children that have been part of his life, other mindees, friends children and children from toddler groups. We made a leaving card which I put a picture of all the "special people" from his time with us (with relevent permissions) and I took my two children to the Build a Bear Factory where they helped to make a bear and an outfit for him. x

clorogue
19-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I had 3 children leave last year.

One i bought a little tree (because she loved nature so much) so she could tend it and watch it grow, and a memory from her time with me. Also gave her learning journey and photo album as well as a mug from photobox which I had printed approx 7 photos of her time with me.

I had two children left from another family. I did the same (except not the tree).

They were two special families who I had worked for a long time - they loved the gifts!!

ChocolateChip
19-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Two of my schoolies left at the end of last term, we had a party tea, and I did them both a little book of photos and a pressie, colouring and stationary things that they both like, the other children helped to make a card.
Haven't had any lo's leave yet but would do the same, perhaps give a nice book or toy, plus their learning journey and scrapbook.

donnagwynne
20-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I had one leave today, after two years. She took with her her learning journey, I made a cd with all the photographs of her on and I bought a gift. A set of books with dvd's from the Book People. We also made special cup cakes with the new stuff from Morrisons and had a tea party lunch.

watgem
21-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I usually do a little party too, and buy presents and we make cards, and whenever possible if they've had a favourite toy in my setting that no one really plays with I let them keep it as well:)

janminder
22-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a tea party and A4 sheet/s of photos, 9 to a page, of their time with me eg. outings (with permission from parents if their child in photo) which I laminate.