PDA

View Full Version : Outing Risk assessments.... Just a quick question :-)

porky1979
18-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi, I am just going through my risk assessments and was wondring do you have to record anywhere that you have checked the risk assessment for your outing. i.e if going to the park, i check the risk assessment, do i have to record anywhere i have done this??
Hope i am making sense.
Thanks

singlewiththree
18-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Hi, I am just going through my risk assessments and was wondring do you have to record anywhere that you have checked the risk assessment for your outing. i.e if going to the park, i check the risk assessment, do i have to record anywhere i have done this??
Hope i am making sense.
Thanks

I don't record that I have checked it but I do write on it when I have reviewed it and the date so Ofsted can see I do check it.

porky1979
18-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks, I didn't think we did but just checking, I have a sheet on the back of each of mine that i date when i review it. I am trying to get all my paperwork up to date for September when the kids come back so i can concentrate on them rather than having my head in the books lol.:D

margaret
18-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I wrote on my park riskassessment a few days ago that park was covered in broken glass and beer cans,informed local council and took children to a different park. Wrote something similar on RA before my ofsted and they liked
this.Othewise i only review RAs yearly.Hope this helps.

wellybelly
18-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I do a risk assessment for every outing including places like the local park which we visit frequently. I used to have a risk assessment for this park but because of things like broken glass, damage to equipment and even undesirable's present at the park, Ive decided to have do an outing risk assessment for every one. It saved me reviewing them every time we visited.

Stillgoingstrong
18-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm lost! What do you write on your outings risk assessments??? How do you risk assess somewhere that you haven't been, or even if you have been what exactly do you risk assess??? Mine is rubbish and I will be inspected soon, no doubt about it, so am trying to get everything tickety boo. The more I come on here the more I think hmmmm I really dont have enough bits of paper to shuffle, my paper mountain isn't big enough:D

wellybelly
18-08-2010, 02:23 PM
This is similar to what I use for every risk assessment - it kind of makes you think before you leave, what you might need in an emergency and what to look for when you are out. I feel it is generic enough to cover most things and I do one every time I go out, excluding school/nursery runs.

I know what you mean, it's very disheartening coming on here and yet another thing pops up which you need to implement to meet the needs of the EYFS / OFSTED. Soon you'll find it'll all come together and it will be you giving the advice out. Don't worry, you are simply networking and taking it all in. Imagine if you did'nt know about this forum :)

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/_Resources/Publications/CYP/09/0200/CYP-09-0021

Stillgoingstrong
18-08-2010, 04:14 PM
This is similar to what I use for every risk assessment - it kind of makes you think before you leave, what you might need in an emergency and what to look for when you are out. I feel it is generic enough to cover most things and I do one every time I go out, excluding school/nursery runs.

I know what you mean, it's very disheartening coming on here and yet another thing pops up which you need to implement to meet the needs of the EYFS / OFSTED. Soon you'll find it'll all come together and it will be you giving the advice out. Don't worry, you are simply networking and taking it all in. Imagine if you did'nt know about this forum :)

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/_Resources/Publications/CYP/09/0200/CYP-09-0021

Thank you :thumbsup: I have just spoken to another cm who knows nothing about this flipping fire evacuation plan thing and log that we apparently have to have - found out on here! I just just have a sign up saying what to do under STOP LISTEN and LEAVE headings and do fire drill every month but apparently now thats not enough. Where will it all end?? No wonder there are 40,000 fewer childminders now :eek: Will use this RA checklist though, thanks again :laughing:

karen m
18-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Bromley do a great list of ra information

wellybelly
19-08-2010, 06:12 AM
There is something new which someone has discovered every day on here. Thank goodness we use it as I know some childminders don't - more fool them I say!

Having an opportunity to Netwrok like this keeps us up to date and there will be things which one inspcetor or local authority development officer says which mean something completley different else where in the country. Take it with a pinch of salt and do what you think best... I do!

I do a monthly fire drill and log it - no one has ever said any different to me hun. Bromley Childminding is an excellent source of information and useful downloads which you can amend and add to aswell.

Best of Luck and if you anything just hola! :)