PDA

View Full Version : are you getting your house sorted for Sept?

newandlearning
17-08-2010, 07:42 PM
hi...

I'm at a very strange point .. I'm uptodate with all my funding paperwork, all my environment plans, observations, and nearly uptodate with my accounts :panic: .. how sad am I :blush: .. obviously have too much time in my eves at the mo.

But I'm now wondering do you guys revamp any of your home so that its different from the last time the term time only children came?

and if so .. what do you do? ie.. do you put up different posters etc etc...

I just feel like I should be doing something.. but quite figure out what!?:o

any thoughts would be great! xx

karensmart4
17-08-2010, 07:48 PM
I've had a good tidy up, I've put some new photos on display and made a couple of small changes outside.

I don't think you should do too much as children don't always like change and will settle much easier if it's still familier :D

Mouse
17-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I had a big change round of toys, shelves, boxes etc the other night after the children had gone home.

2yr old mindee came in the next day & started to move it all back to where it had been the day before! It was funny watching him try to move the little bookcase back to the other side of the room!

AliceK
17-08-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm always moving everything around I love having a move around of all the furniture.BUT now we're moving house so when they all come "back" after my week off in September it will be to a new house :clapping:

xxxxx

mushpea
17-08-2010, 08:07 PM
the toys are changed every week anyway as at the weekend all toys go in the shed so my house is my own again,,,,the one thing i will change is not doing so many planned activities after school,, on child became sort of dependent on my putting an activitie out for them to do ie painting, playdough etc and would hang around me constantly untill i put somthning out,,this time i will put stuff out if asked but other than that they can play with the toys or their imagination,

karen m
17-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I am having big change round as in Sept all my pre-school start school iyswim and will only be here before school so all large items,train set ,kitchen,etc are being moved to loft ,have a 1 year and a7 month starting so all baby items being brought back down

Pipsqueak
17-08-2010, 08:45 PM
i try to rotate the toys on the shelves as I just have to many to be either out all the time or accessible. I rotate the books and have a good tidy up every so often. I also change the role play area and when the kids come back it will be a shop (meant to have done it before the start of the hols).

moljak
17-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I am.

My 1st mindee moved away in July so I have no one over the holidays.I've signed 3 children to start in Sept and Nov.
I've just bought a notice board to go in my hall.I'm preparing posters to display, reorganising my utility room/toy store area and getting rid of some furniture to replace with other stuff.
I don't plan to run as a nursery so it will be mainly my hallway that is used to display stuff but I do want to have some things on show.Will be sorting my website and photos too.
I used to work to a Sept-Sept callendar when working in a pre-school and I'm looking forward to working that way again.
I'm even sorting out my household budget so as I'm ahead of myself lol

rickysmiths
17-08-2010, 09:17 PM
We are painting at the moment. I have 3 weeks holiday so we can move back into our newly extended home having worked in a 22' Pota Cabin in the front garden for 3 months. We have a new Playroom to move into so it is all exciting. We started moving bookshelves and cupboards in today.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Mine is just the same - plodding along

singlewiththree
18-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I've had the whole summer off and my children are on holiday so I've cleaned and arranged the toys, took 8 bin bags to the charity shop!!!! painting and generally having a clearout. I've sorted my policies, risk assessments and printed parent info for a new parent coming tomorrow. I've still got to do my accounts though.

Roseolivia
18-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm trying to wind my playroom down ready for my maternity leave next month. Only working 3 days week next month so don't need as many toys displayed, it will still be a playroom for Rose but only have toys out that she plays with. I'll also be using this room as a sitting room through the day when baby comes along as it's warmer than the back room in the winter. Can't wait to take all my EYFS posters, certificates etc down.

Mollymop
18-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I put up a new display - an Autumn one ( massive bonfire picture and fireworks, harvest moon and then room left on the display for all the little ones pictures) Can't wait for Autumn my fave time of year!!:clapping:

oh yeah - and also I have to update my policies and risk assesmments in Sept :(

Helen Dempster
18-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm always moving things around or making subtle changes (I get bored quickly!) Not major changes, just different pictures etc up on the walls and things like that. I've been having a mad clear out as I'm off this week - throwing away all the broken toys :mad: and just trying to make a bit more space.

Carol M
18-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I change the main displays every term. Only that is, the poster paper and borders in different colours ready to fill with next terms topics. I change my hallway displays regularly, have had a summer theme going on out there and am changeing to Dinosaurs. The kids love it when new things are up on the wall. I suppose it does look nursery like, but it works for me.
I too like September to September and it feels like a new year, I am hoping to work just term time but suppose that will change dependent on children.
I update my RA's as I go along and same with my policies. Just the SEF I still can't seem to do, just have a folder for Professional development and note in it anything relevant.
Loving not working so hard during the hols!
Carol xx