PDA

View Full Version : lap belt and carseats

mrs.h
17-08-2010, 06:41 PM
hello,

sorry another thread by me.

i have got a new car (toyota previa) as i need more space in the car come september. now there are 2 lap belts in the second and third row. who is aloowed to sit there? i searched the internet and it said use what's in the car but not with a group 1 car seat i assume. how would you fit them in safely? :huh:

thanks,
mrs.h

crazyhazy
17-08-2010, 07:02 PM
one of the britax stage one fits with a lap belt, maybe check the fit finder on their website x

Leanne59
17-08-2010, 07:10 PM
a britax prince can be used with a lapbelt too. HTH

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I have the 8 seater and have 5 large seats in the car and my over 8's sit in the middle. My problem is that the two middle seats do not have headrests and so they sit without booster seats.

mushpea
17-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I have a britax renasonce (not spelt right sorry!) its a 0-4yrs car seat and fits on a lap belt, its a good fit too, i did discover that in the zafiras you can take the the 3 seats out and fit another 3 seats in with a full lap belt,not sure if this would be possible in your car.
as for older children i tend to fit either the tallest or the most sensible'ist out of the bunch as i know that they would sit up and not lean forward and muck about through the front seats etc but these are the childen that dont need car seats of any sort.

Stillgoingstrong
17-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I have a britax renasonce (not spelt right sorry!) its a 0-4yrs car seat and fits on a lap belt, its a good fit too, i did discover that in the zafiras you can take the the 3 seats out and fit another 3 seats in with a full lap belt,not sure if this would be possible in your car.
as for older children i tend to fit either the tallest or the most sensible'ist out of the bunch as i know that they would sit up and not lean forward and muck about through the front seats etc but these are the childen that dont need car seats of any sort.

I have a zafira too but am confused about taking 3 seats out and putting another 3 seats in?????:panic: :panic:

AliceK
17-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I have a zafira too but am confused about taking 3 seats out and putting another 3 seats in?????:panic: :panic:

I was thinking the same as I've got one too.

xxxx

mushpea
17-08-2010, 08:12 PM
you can replace the 3 seats along the middle with another 3 that would have the 3rd adult belt in,, you can get the seats from scrap yards or buy them on line 2nd hand then get somone to fit them, you just have to make sure they are meant for your year of registaration ie mine is a 51 plate. I also have a friend who put a 3rd seat in the boot making hers a8 seater although i am not sure how this was done but was quite expensive.

karen m
17-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a Zafria and honestly cannot see that another seat could fit in the boot,also think changing seats is a bit dubious to be honest and cannot see the logic in it ,sorry if that sounds rude not mean't to

Stillgoingstrong
17-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I have a Zafria and honestly cannot see that another seat could fit in the boot,also think changing seats is a bit dubious to be honest and cannot see the logic in it ,sorry if that sounds rude not mean't to

Since I got my zafira I wish it had 8 seats BUT it's a 7 seater so even if another seat could fit in (dont know how though) it wouldn't be covered on the insurance as its a modification. Changing 3 seats for 3 seats would be ok but cant be bothered:D :D What was the question, I think we've side tracked:eek: