PDA

View Full Version : spot the childminder

mrs.h
17-08-2010, 06:32 PM
hello,

i took my ds and lo's to a nearby park today and played spot the childminder while the children were playing. there were a lot of us about and one cm made it really easy for me as all her lo's were wearing high visible vests. what a brilliant idea! i have read a thread on here before regarding this but seeing it made me smile! :laughing:

take care
mrs.h

Lol
17-08-2010, 06:37 PM
You can normally spot the childminder and her mindees as the children are the ones behaving themselves:) :) :)

Perfect example of this is at our local toddlers' christmas party - minded children all sitting on the floor in a neat row eating nicely, all the other children standing on the plates of food while their mothers ignore them as they chat amongst themselves:eek:

Blue Boy
17-08-2010, 06:41 PM
We went to a park last week all ours were in high vis jackets and then another group that we know came in with theirs on we took over the park :laughing:

Lyns123
17-08-2010, 07:09 PM
My mindee's wear high vis jackets, makes them so easy to spot, i've only seen other kids in them a few times so i always know which ones are mine. Kids love wearing them too, got them all different colours, halfords do them and you can get a discount if your an NCMA member :)

mushpea
17-08-2010, 07:55 PM
got mine from a lady on here ,(hi viz not the kids!!:laughing: ) they are brilliant,, they have 'i am with my childminder' and my phone number, can see the kids all the time,,, i normally only put them on the under 5's but if we are somwhere very busy or on play equpment thats hard to see all around then the older ones wear them too, for me its a matter of trust with the older ones, if i know they will do as they are told and not run off or leave the area i told them they can go in then they dont have to wear one.

venus89
17-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I love playing spot the childminder - as you say we're easy to spot and it's kind of heartening when you see a childminder you don't know doing a good job because I guess that's how people we don't know see us.

charlie potato
17-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I will be using high vis jackets when i get mindees. I used to use one on my son until it become too small for him. I used to 'lose' him so when he was too old for reigns it seemed next best thing. Then it became aparent when he was in reception that he was partially deaf which explained it as it's lower frequency noises he struggles with. xx:thumbsup:

Zoomie
17-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I was easily spotted today.

Took a walk into town with 7 children.

Only two were mindees :rolleyes: , three were my own and two were neighbourhood pickups (aka friends).

loocyloo
18-08-2010, 05:02 PM
i was out with my tribe in hi-viz today - about 10 miles away - got spotted by a friend, who saw the hi-viz, then recognised my DD !

STILL got asked if they were all mine though! :D

katieanna
18-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I find it easy to spot other childminders as they always have a camera in their hand!!!!

charleyfarley
19-08-2010, 06:38 AM
I find it easy to spot other childminders as they always have a camera in their hand!!!!

How true :laughing:

I have the hi viz jackets and people always comment on them, they are fantastic and I wouldn't be without mine. :clapping: Infact I need to order some extra ones.

Carol xx

ourmadhouse
19-08-2010, 07:35 AM
i was out with my troop the other week all wearing high viz and was found by another minder too, only she said she didnt like people to know who she was.

i still cant undrestand why though???

patevans
19-08-2010, 07:45 AM
got mine from a lady on here ,(hi viz not the kids!!:laughing: ) they are brilliant,, they have 'i am with my childminder' and my phone number, can see the kids all the time,,, i normally only put them on the under 5's but if we are somwhere very busy or on play equpment thats hard to see all around then the older ones wear them too, for me its a matter of trust with the older ones, if i know they will do as they are told and not run off or leave the area i told them they can go in then they dont have to wear one.

Could you please give me the details of whoyou got your vests from please?

charleyfarley
19-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Could you please give me the details of whoyou got your vests from please?

I got mine from Amaranth on here, they are fab Emma :thumbsup:

Carol xx

patevans
19-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I got mine from Amaranth on here, they are fab Emma :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Thanks Carol, do we supply the vests?

Carol M
19-08-2010, 09:49 AM
You can normally spot the childminder and her mindees as the children are the ones behaving themselves:) :) :)

Perfect example of this is at our local toddlers' christmas party - minded children all sitting on the floor in a neat row eating nicely, all the other children standing on the plates of food while their mothers ignore them as they chat amongst themselves:eek:

LOL. See this all the time :D
Carol xx