PDA

View Full Version : 6 month public liability insurance?

Joannechildmind
17-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Is it possible to buy either 6 month public liability from either NCMA or Morton Micheal ?

jumpinjen
17-08-2010, 04:37 PM
haven;t got a clue, you would need to ring them!!

jen x

aly
17-08-2010, 05:04 PM
why woulod you only need 6 months?

sarah707
17-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I believe they are annual policies ...

I'd say ring and ask them if they will refund the other 6 months if you don't need it :D

aly
17-08-2010, 05:14 PM
unless its for maternity, my friend had it deferred as she was on maternity leave.

Joannechildmind
18-08-2010, 02:17 PM
unless its for maternity, my friend had it deferred as she was on maternity leave.

yes thats right i have to renew in September and am only working until End of Jan as then will be on maternity leave. I was thinking of renewing again with NCMA but dont want to pay a years membership and insurance for only 6 months seems alot of money really.
Wondered how much morton micheal would do it for

aly
18-08-2010, 03:52 PM
yes thats right i have to renew in September and am only working until End of Jan as then will be on maternity leave. I was thinking of renewing again with NCMA but dont want to pay a years membership and insurance for only 6 months seems alot of money really.
better to ring them i guess for a quote...like I said my friend deferred hers....actually 2 of them did as they were both on maternity..just come off now.

Roseolivia
18-08-2010, 06:18 PM

This is why i'm going on maternity a week earlier than planned as my ncma membership and insurance is due and i'm not paying £80 for a week. I think you can freeze it but to be honest you don't know what's going to happen once you finish maternity and may lose the money/membership.

Joannechildmind
18-08-2010, 07:43 PM
This is why i'm going on maternity a week earlier than planned as my ncma membership and insurance is due and i'm not paying £80 for a week. I think you can freeze it but to be honest you don't know what's going to happen once you finish maternity and may lose the money/membership.

Yes thats a gd idea wish i could finish 5 months earlier :laughing: to save 60 odd pound.

I have emailed morton micheal to see what they say about it. will let you all know what they email back.

Joannechildmind
19-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Just had the following email from Morton Michel if anyone is in the same boat as me -

Thank you for your e mail.
We only offer 12 month policies but we do have a cancellation procedure.
If you want to cancel a policy mid-term, provided a claim has not been made you can e mail in your request and we will refund what is left of the premium, minus a £5 cancellation fee. The premium for childminder is £41 for a year.
I hope this is helpful.
Regards

Sandra Banks
Account Handler

Morton Michel

aly
19-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Just had the following email from Morton Michel if anyone is in the same boat as me -

Thank you for your e mail.
We only offer 12 month policies but we do have a cancellation procedure.
If you want to cancel a policy mid-term, provided a claim has not been made you can e mail in your request and we will refund what is left of the premium, minus a £5 cancellation fee. The premium for childminder is £41 for a year.
I hope this is helpful.
Regards

Sandra Banks
Account Handler

Morton Michel

thats good..thanks for updating everyone.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-08-2010, 05:44 PM
I had a yearly MM policy and cancelled it when I transferred to NCMA and they refunded the difference

bexcee
03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
That's good to know re MM, I've just taken out a policy with them but may be giving up childminding at the end of Ocotber (mindee is leaving as mum is pregnant and despite advertising for the last three months I have had no enquires :panic: ) so I might try and get a refund for the other ten months.

All the best with your pregnancy