PDA

View Full Version : Asking for money

snufflepuff
17-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I am so rubbish at it!
A parent has booked a load of extra hours with me- last Wednesday, tomorrow, next Wednesday. I emailed her straight away to let her know what she would owe me. She pays me weekly by standing order for her normal hours so i expected her to amend the standing order that week. But so far, nothing. Maybe she is planning on paying cash. It says on the contract that fees are to be paid in advance so it's not like she will be waiting until i have actually worked all the extra hours.
I know i just need to ask her for it, but how?! I find it so hard.....'you owe me £x please.'
AND i know it shouldn't make a difference but i know she is really struggling financially at the moment.....makes it so much harder.
Plus i have another who is due to pay me tomorrow but LO is away with his Dad and won't be back with me until next Wednesday.....so i need to ask her to drop the money round this week. If i thought i'd definitely get it next Wednesday i'd leave it but chances are she will forget and i may be waiting until the following week!
Can one of you lot do it for me please?! lol!

maryp0ppins
17-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Do you have a late payment policy.......if not get one written up ASAP.

I charge £5 per day for late payment (I also charge in advance) You need to ask for what is rightfully yours.

Its not nice asking for money but they wouldn't use you & use up hours if they knew they couldn't pay you surely....

Be strong- get late payment policy written up & get you well earned money :thumbsup:

Say to mum...just wanted to politely mention the monies which is outstanding from XXX date & if I could maybe have it by tomorrow morning!! Thanks :D

TammyN
17-08-2010, 04:25 PM
send/pass her an invoice for extra hours outside contracted hours and put to be paid in advance, this should make her pay up asap, it works with my parents anyway :thumbsup:

Mookins
17-08-2010, 04:33 PM
have a large bill pinned up somehwere where you will see it to help remind yourself if you dont get strong and ask for whats rightly yours it wil never get paid!!!

xxx

Joannechildmind
17-08-2010, 04:36 PM
send/pass her an invoice for extra hours outside contracted hours and put to be paid in advance, this should make her pay up asap, it works with my parents anyway :thumbsup:

yes i would do as Tammy says above :)

karensmart4
17-08-2010, 04:56 PM
yes i would do as Tammy says above :)

Me too, if its in writing its easier :)

sandy64
17-08-2010, 05:56 PM
yep just invoice its eaier than asking lol i invoice weekly saves me asking and has made my life so much easier now plus it also has on if fees are not payed by ?? late payment of £5 per day will be added so next invoice would have it on thankfully since ive invoiced its never happened so go for it good luck:)

Gizmo
17-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I have had to invoice as well, and its a friend of mine and yep I felt rotten giving her it but she still hasnt paid me, dont know how I'm going to approach it again :panic:

angiemog
17-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I would go for an easy option and send a quick text, just a reminder for the extra hours payment is xxxx