PDA

View Full Version : Fees

sazbet
17-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi,

I am newly registered as a childminder in the Lincolnshire area and was just curious about realistic fee charges.

I would be grateful if anyone could give me an idea of what to charge clients, don't want to look greedy but then don't want to be out of pocket either.

Many thanks in advance.

jumpinjen
17-08-2010, 04:37 PM
tricky one as I don't live near you.... you could ask your EY team what average prices are for your area.... otherwise work out your break even by taking into account all the costs you will face and then divide it by the number of hours you will work and it gives you an hourly 'break even', i.e if your break even comes in at £3.56p and you charge £3.25 an hour you will make a loss caring for one child, however if you have two places and you charge £3.25p per hour then hourly you will bring in £6.50 and will make a profit..... I did this when I started as it was hard to find out prices of other minders. Add up an amount for food/stationary/resources/petrol/wipes, cleaning things/allowances for water and power/extra insurance costs/ofsted registration fee and divide by number of weeks you are going to work, then number of hours until you reach hourly fee.

HTH, Jen

karensmart4
17-08-2010, 04:54 PM
You could phone round a few CM in your area and ask about hours and fees, naughty I know but I've had it done to me :cool:

charlie potato
17-08-2010, 05:02 PM
when i did my research to get pack through council i had to ring around and get prices. I felt really awkward :blush:

little chickee
17-08-2010, 05:11 PM
if you are phoning other cms to find out their prices just be honest - say you are just starting up and that as you dont want to undercut their prices you would appreciate a bit of advice.

most cm will be glad to help you out.