PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait...

marzi
17-08-2010, 01:22 PM
... until you assume a parent isn't coming for a first meeting? I was supposed to meet a lady today, she said between half 1 and 2pm and still no sign, she rang from work so no mobile number to text and ask if she's coming. I have my mum and sister staying and we have arranged to go out but how long do i sit and wait for this lady to possibly not turn up?

Mouse
17-08-2010, 01:34 PM
What time did you plan to go out with your mum & sister? Presumably if the parent was due between 1.30-2.00pm, you'd have allowed at least an hour for the meeting, so would have been planning to go out for about 3pm. That's how long I'd leave it, then I'd go out as planned :thumbsup:

marzi
17-08-2010, 01:49 PM
It's not really an arrangement lol, we just need to go out and the kids are getting 'bored, it's soooo boring' lol She told me she lives basically down the road so I know it's not traffic, I guess I'll put this one down to experience. Maybe she'll ring me later on. Thanks Mouse xx

Mouse
17-08-2010, 02:20 PM
In that case, go out now & have a good time! Try to forget about her not turning up & concentrate on having a good afternoon...what's left of it!

I always get a contact number from people who arrange to visit, preferably a mobile number. I text them the day before to confirm the time and ask that they let me know if they can't make it. Also it means I can contact them if they don't turn up...even if it is to say don't bother coming now, I'm going out!

Ripeberry
17-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Maybe put a little note on your door to say sorry we missed you but had to leave at XX time, please pop your mobile number on this note and pop it through the door to reschedule a meeting.

Some people are so rude to keep others waiting :mad:

marzi
17-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, no sign and no message from her to apologise, reschedule, explain etc. Oh well, it had to happen sooner or later and it probably won't be a one off.

zillervalley
17-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I have had this this week I posted it on hear, its so anoying when it happens , i would go out, but try and get a contact number the next time you have an enquiry, i phoned 1471 after my mum had rang

hope you had a good day