PDA

View Full Version : policies

lauraleo
03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
when ofsted visit do they like to see all the policies you have or can you just have the list in your portfolio. thought may write a list and attach the most important. just alot of printing otherwise. I have them all saved on my computer.
not sure what is best.
also they are coming from 1st inspection but as I have no mindees should I have completed risk assessments of local areas or leave them blank until I properly get started.
got list of all my equipment and what plan to get once get mindees.
got menu planners sorted, insurance certificate, and courses to be attending.
not sure what else paperwork wise they need to see.

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I had my pre-reg on Tuesday.

I did have all my policies printed out and she looked through them all. I found it helped when going through the 14 standards because she was able to say I knew about a particular one because I'd written a policy on it.

I did a risk assessment of the house but didn't bother with ones for places that I intend to visit.

I also did a sample weekly and daily plan for activities based on the EYFS.

She asked for my qualification certificates and looked at my ID bits. Told her that was in process of sorting car insurance out so didn't have certificate to show her, but that was fine.

I'd definitely print out your policies - shows how dedicated you are. My inspector certainly seemed impressed that I'd already done them.

Good luck

katickles
03-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I would reccomend that you print your policy & procedures out aswell. If anything - reading through them will help when you are asked questions on certain standards. I remember when i had my pre-reg inspection, she read through mine as i was changing my lo's nappy!!

You could put them all together in a folder - like a portfolio :)