PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here, hope this is in the right place

QueenoftheSouth
17-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I am re-registering as a CM, after a 3 year break. I did it for 7 years previous to this.
I got a call end of July from someone from North yorkshire council saying she was my contact and she'd help me out. Anyway, to cut a long story short, she wants me to travel to Scarborough (i'm in York) 2 saturdays in September for a first aid course. Now, is there anywhere I can find out about any courses closer to me, she says that I have to do one and that she can only tell me about ones run by the council. However, I've not heard from her since despite leaving several messages, so don't know where to start. I don't really want to have get up at silly o clock on a saturday to get to scarborough for 9am, (if I can ind one closer) especially not during what is effectively still summer holidays and the road will be horrendous. If anyone can point me int eh right direction of first aid courses I'd be grateful

sarah707
17-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe the one you have been offered is the first rather than the most local.

I think you need to look around your local area and see what is on offer.

good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D

christine e
17-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Why not have a word with your Children's Centre to see if they run any that would be suitable (check with Ofsted re suitability)

Cx